Search results

1. SaltyAlice

Carlyle Catfood MIA!

It seems that all of my sources for Carlyle cat food have stopped carrying it. I’m heading out on the water tomorrow morning; has anybody found an alternative cat food that is as effective?
  2. SaltyAlice

2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Hey team, make sure to fill this out. "Survey on potential 2022 management measures to address key threats to Southern Resident killer whales"...
  3. SaltyAlice

2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Guys, what the heck is this thing? Scientific swing set?
  4. SaltyAlice

2021 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

They don't appear to be showing up. Maybe something is wonky? Check voltage and look for bananas onboard.
  5. SaltyAlice

Where to buy starboard

I can't say whether it is the cheapest or not, but I bought mine recently from Associated Plastics. https://associatedplastics.com/
  6. SaltyAlice

Halibut Daily Limit Increase

Is this likely to carry over into the 2022 summer regs?
  7. SaltyAlice

Agreed. The fog can come in fast and it is less about knowing where you are and more about where the other guys are at. Definitely don't consider going offshore without it.
  8. SaltyAlice

FAugust is definitely a thing in Barkley Sound.
  9. SaltyAlice

Cleaning Table - Cutting Boards and Non Slip Fillet Mats?

Looking for some advice to make cleaning/filleting easy like Sunday morning. Will be for salmon/ling/hali etc. I have an aluminum cleaning station that I was looking to get some cutting boards made for. I am curious to know what material you might suggest. It looks like I can get a piece of...
  10. SaltyAlice

Vacuum Sealer Recommendations

This thread really sucked me in! Hahahahaha. *ahem*. Annnnyhooo. Question for those with the Vacmaster 215. It looks like a great machine but how do you handle full sides of large salmon? It looks like the unit would work well for most cuts but sometimes we seal up a whole side for special...
  11. SaltyAlice

Island Built: Silver Streak vs Lifetimer

Good evening! Wondering if you fine folks had an opinion on Lifetimer vs Silver Streak, and if there are alternate Island-based aluminum boat builders that are in even higher esteem. Do either of these groups do certain things better than the other? I am likely looking at something like the 18'...
  12. SaltyAlice

Best $250 or under You’ve Spent On Your Boat?

Hands down it was the intermittent windshield wipers for Salty Alice. Gone are the days of manually switching wipers on and off for light drizzle or spray.
  13. SaltyAlice

Small open boat recommendations? Lifetimer? Lund? A log with oars?

Hey guys and gals, I'm curious to poll the group on small open boat ideas. I am looking for a small 16-20' boat for: - Short haul shuttling of people and gear in protected waters. Think Brentwood Bay or Bamfield harbour type scenario - A bit of exploring / beaching in the right weather - Maybe...
  14. SaltyAlice

2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Update: lots of bait jumping in the surface out here away from the pack in ~400’ of water. Picking up some very small legal coho at 42’ but too small for my liking so releasing them. Look for Salty Alice (blue and grey boat with white tentacles all over it) if you want to try your hand with...
  15. SaltyAlice

2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Quiet for me at SH so far this morning BUT the air is much cleaner now. You can actually see clear to the islands. Fishing solo today so will be working the less crowded areas. Will update if I get anything more than shakers (which this morning really seem to be liking my anchovy).
  16. SaltyAlice

2020 Ucluelet Reports

How is the ramp and trailer parking this time of year? Bonkers or room to spare?
  17. SaltyAlice

2020 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Are you trolling or anchoring up at 5 mile?
Back