Search results

1. Irishwolf

Looking for a contractor

Hi there, I have permit level plans and a permit to build a small extension (~17m2) and deck(~21m2) off the back of my house. My budget is roughly the cost of a new 18ft Silverstreak, and I'd really prefer just to get the Silverstreak, but I have a wife.... I know there's some contractor...
  2. Irishwolf

Scotty lake trolls plus other bits

Clearing out the garage and came across the following. Don’t use them, but figured someone could. Open to offers. Lucky accepted. Larger lake troll has new 150 Lb steel line. Victoria area
  3. Irishwolf

Good clutch shop Victoria area?

Looking for shop recommendations for a clutch/flywheel replacement on a 2008 Ford Ranger 4.0L 4x4 with 180k. It will be the first replacement. I've phoned around a few places and I'm getting quotes in the 1500-2000$ range all in. This seems way high to me. Parts look to be 3-500 depending...
  4. Irishwolf

Battery storage for the winter months

With cold winters and concrete floors known to kill batteries, I wonder what others do to keep their batteries from dying a slow and painful death over the winter. Do you pull them out and leave in your garage on wood, do you keep them on a charger, do you close your eyes and hope for the best...
  5. Irishwolf

Strathcona Lodge - worth taking the boat?

Hi there, My family has a big reunion of sorts in a couple of weeks up at Strathcona Lodge on Upper Campbell Lake. I'm wondering if its worth pulling the boat up there for some fishing, tubing and general sight seeing. I found some older threads on this topic on this forum from 4 or 5 years...
  6. Irishwolf

WANTED: Scotty 6in risers and rigger

Hi there, I'm in need of 2 6in risers. One for a Scotty 1101 electric down rigger that I have and one a second scotty electric that I don't currently have. Thus, also looking for an additional Scotty electric downriger. Not overly fussed which one - 1101 or 1106 would be great, but it needs...
  7. Irishwolf

Calm water salmon or halibut spots Oak Bay

Hi there, I’m new to the forum and new to saltwater fishing. I have a 14ft Lund deep hull with a modest set up for salmon fishing. I’ve been out a few times off Cattle Point but only managed to get to the flats one of those times because of rough water. I tried again yesterday, but stupid...
Back