Search results

1. K

2024-25 DFO proposal and survey on salmon measures

Raincoats, etc, complete bunch of liars. Not fit to call themselves Canadians. Maybe the transients are the dominant species, well it appears they are. Could they wipe out the other ones? Survival of the most adaptable orca that has seals, whales and other types of salmon on its menu, instead...
  2. K

Wanted: Big Chief smoker

Tinboatrobb came up with a beauty vintage Big Chief, included was a bunch of smoker chips and a covetted original Big Chief box. Mucho Gracias! Batch on the brine now. 👍
  3. K

Wanted: Big Chief smoker

Looking for a Big Chief to replace my trusted old one. I’m in Victoria. Thanks
  4. K

2023 Sooke Reports

Well wouldn’t be the first time things changed in our oceans. I’m betting on fish being here when we are all gone.
  5. K

2023 Sooke Reports

Nice! They are great smoked, get that centre vein on the fillet out first!
  6. K

2023 Sooke Reports

Forked tail, cookie cutter to other coho in size though!
  7. K

First time smoking salmon

My ratio is 6 or 7 cups Demerara to one kosher salt 18 to 24 hr brine, swirl it around once in a while once liquid forms Rinse very well in cold water Allow to dry till peliclal forms on surface I still use a big chief, one pan alder, then finish with one and a bit of cherry, change after...
  8. K

2023 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

That’s a dandy and tasty looking ling! Congrats!!
  9. K

2023 Sooke Reports

Left Sooke harbour and dropped gear at the 450. Released a 7lb wild as the sun came up. Fished out to the 650 then towards Beechy then as the current changed fished west. Released several more wilds then hit and kept a 10lb wild at 77. No clipped for us and rounded up the day with one of my...
  10. K

2023 Sooke Reports

Any info on Oct 01 coho opening?
  11. K

2023 Winter Harbour Reports

Cool eel, nice release!
  12. K

2023 Sooke Reports

Any Coho reports?
  13. K

Who has Tuna for sale

DFO just had a bunch for sale
  14. K

Replacing original hooks on spoons

The hook needs to have a curl towards the shank, and of course strong enough not to bend.
  15. K

2023 Sooke Reports

How bout “boatless”! So what about those Coho?
  16. K

2023 Sooke Reports

Hmm, they should be reasonable, curious to DFO reply re submitting the whole fish vs just the head!! Lol
  17. K

How are you setting up spoons?

Is that a #6 hook on the big spoon?
  18. K

2023 Sooke Reports

Awsome!!
  19. K

Amazing fishing without rods

Just wow, trending simpler!!!!
  20. K

2023 Sooke Reports

Beauty boat Glen, thanks for getting my tinner tuned and ready to go, nice fish!
Back