Search results

1. Che

2018 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

I don't need to lower myself to sarcastic quips and barbs. There's no ad hominem here. Whatever you need to project to feel better about yourself man.
  2. Che

I can't help ya man. I tried.
  3. Che

It's the Federal fisheries act. Read the Preamble to the Regulations: His Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Fisheries and Oceans, pursuant to sections 8, 43 and 79.7of the Fisheries Act, is pleased hereby to repeal the British Columbia Sport...
  4. Che

Go and read the source. This is the FEDERAL fisheries act, written by the FEDERAL government, in OTTAWA. You see, FEDERAL fisheries act, has a REGULATION specific to BRITISH COLUMBIA. Section 91 of the Constitution gives the FEDERAL government exclusive right to Sea Coast and Inland Fisheries.
  5. Che

What was your highlight of the year?

Still four months of the year left?
  6. Che

Not disrespect to OP, but to the fisheries officer who you think "... is full of shi! and clearly doesn’t know the regs and laws he/she is employed to enforce." ::cough cough:: Fisheries Act, British Columbia Sportfishing Regulations 1996. Section Fifty Six, Subsection 2:A person who, in a...
  7. Che

Want to go for Salmon in area 29, confused with notices

The problem is that without knowing the local waters, you don't realize that areas 29-7, 29-9 and 29-10 are not fishable. Run down the fraser river until you get to a lighthouse. This is the sandheads light. You can fish anywhere west of that.
  8. Che

You know, this is just a disrespectful and truly ignorant comment to make. Maybe OP misunderstood what they were told? Or there was some sort of confusion in how the message was relayed. Friend of mine fishes exclusively out there. Says it was dead. If your boat can handle it, I'd run over...
  9. Che

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

See if the guy will meet you at the ferry terminal to see the boat? Chances are he will. Walk on rates and a cup off coffee is about $20. So budget $50 to take a look at the boat. If you like it, what's a couple hundred bucks to go and pick it up? It's a BOAT, bring out another thousand...
  10. Che

After fishing

I love watching guys act all secretive about their techniques and presentations. They're the jealous covetous types. That being said, I also love to use a bit of misdirection and troll people with odd ball gear out on display. Usually it's the guys I just mentioned who are watching to see...
  11. Che

Aluminum Vs Fiberglass ? Hot Aluminum boats( Voltage )

Check out the Asch Experiment, there's lots of videos on YouTube demonstrating it. Really demonstrates social control. With commies, they basically HAVE to use a black box because there's so much at stake. It's not just a fish story for the dock, its a paycheque and whether your kids eat or...
  12. Che

Vedder fishing (when do I get the fish?)

Well, it's easy to hook a fish, getting it to bite is another story. The Vedder river is a notorious black hole of salmon fishing. It's a river that is incredibly easy to access and fish, there is something like 50+km of fishable river. It has a good run of all five species of pacific salmon...
  13. Che

Fraser River Sockeye Fishing

Hire a charter to take you out to Sandheads and fish for them there. Many reasons why. 1) You can keep four fish. 2)Your fish will have actually bit the hook, rather than having been flossed. 3)You can keep four fish. 4)You won't have to stand nuts deep in the river, elbow to elbow with the guy...
  14. Che

Vedder fishing (when do I get the fish?)

The best thing to do is bonk the fish a couple times on the head to stun it, then leave it up on the rocks for a bit while you build a small weir at the river's edge. Don't worry the fish will suffocate soon enough. Once built, fill the weir with water that can warm up in the sun. Then gut the...
  15. Che

If you don't 'believe' in them, then you're made out to be some kind of a Kafir. To the folks who do, it's impossible to question these things. It's like they're some kind of a papal bull about fishing. The evidence is basically:"I use one, and I caught fish." Yet the counterpoint of "I don't...
  16. Che

X2 Confirmation bias is too strong with these things, and like voodoo, is a religion. What happens on the days when your perfectly dialed in black box doesn't catch fish? What will you blame that day?
  17. Che

I think the spirit of this notice is that if you're fishing in front of the LQ and the BQ, the chances of a catching a SoG or a Fraser River Chinook is low, so you can keep two. The further out you get, the better the chances are for catching a SoG or Fraser Chinook, so that's just one fish...
  18. Che

It's a pretty narrow sliver of shoreline.
  19. Che

So I just read this notice... https://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=view_notice&DOC_ID=212921&ID=all Like what kind of Horse shittery is this? So, you can't keep two Chinook at the Humps, but you can scoot over to the LQ and keep two? Even though they're probably both...
  20. Che

Skunked today. Pulled bait, spoons, plugs, hootchies. Nada. Didn't see anyone else getting fish. Was kind of lumpy too, in spite of a light wind forecast.
Back