Search results

1. S

Washington State Bans Whale Watching of SRKW

I don't think you would want Washington Area 7 rules if you looked closely. Chinook are open January 1 through April 15, unless closed early (which often happens). January through April 15 you can only keep one fin-clipped fish. Then you get to fish chinook again in July and August. There...
  2. S

2018 Herring Sale Helping Kids with Cancer

Yes there are a lot of recipes on the internet. I'm always skeptical of online recipes until somebody I trust has tried them. I found a couple pickled herring recipes that I'm trying. I'll know in a few days if they are any good. As for bait, it was hard to find more than a couple scales on...
  3. S

2018 Herring Sale Helping Kids with Cancer

Grabbed a couple bags today. How come there are no recipes in the recipe section of the forum? Anybody have suggestions for pickling or smoking?
  4. S

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I tried a pink #4 vibrax the other day. Only gave it a few casts. Tossed to the 10 o'clock position boat while we were trolling then jigged it back to the boat as we went by. Hooked a fish on one of our trolling rods right away, so I put the casting experiment away.
  5. S

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished Sandheads Sunday from 9am to 2:30pm. Would have kept fishing but my kicker motor decided it had been run hard enough this year (anybody have tips on rebuilding a Yamaha F8?). High wind in the morning, but water wasn't as bad as I expected. Started out deep, but ended up fishing most of...
  6. S

2018 Tofino Reports

What spoon are you talking about?
  7. S

Yellow eyed football

They just look shattered. It clears up at depth. https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Conservation/Marine/Groundfish/Barotrauma You can make a simple device by crimping the barb on a heavy lead head jig and tying a line to the bottom of the hook
  8. S

New fishing spot - did I find one? (Saturna)

I think East Point is subject to the slot limits.
  9. S

Catch n release

What do you do when one of the C&R fish is obviously mortally wounded but you have already caught your limit?
Back