Search results

1. Brent Doornenbal

New options for Mooching Rod

I had 2 Gloomis EX6 Mooching rods but the reel seat went out on one, they have told me that they cant/wont repair it and that they have discontinued that line of rods and don't plan to build a replacement for it. What are the other options for some well made mooching rods to match with the...
  2. Brent Doornenbal

Yamaha Performance tuning .... are there any options

I purchased my Kingfisher 2025 Discovery as a hold over boat so picking the power was not an option for me. If I was able to chose I would have put the max on for sure. The motor that’s on the boat is a F175, I have a kicker and then an 84 gallon fuel tank. I’ve tried 3 different props. 14...
  3. Brent Doornenbal

Any reason NOT to use a bow mount ????

I have done a bit of searching on the internet and there is very little I can find on the topic so Ill ask for opinions around the site. I have a 2025 Kingfisher Discovery that I use as a dual purpose salt/fresh water boat. I have been currently been removing my Minn kota bow mount when I head...
  4. Brent Doornenbal

Tackle Storage for pre-rigged salmon lures ??

Folks Im wondering how you keep your lures stored so that the spoons and plugs can be pre tied and ready to go? Most of my walleye stuff is wrapped around pool noodles but this does not work very well for the salmon gear. Last year I met an old timer that had them wrapped around larger...
  5. Brent Doornenbal

WTB Humminbird - Older unit - Must be Ethernet compatible

As the tittle states im looking to buy an older humminbird unit. I currently already have a Helix 12 and an 1198 so it must be able to network via Ethernet. Ill only be using the head unit so for whatever reason if you want the transducer that's fine. The Helix 7 G2N's are out there for 549...
  6. Brent Doornenbal

Chinook Limits after the 31st

As the regs have only set the limits until July 31st does anyone know where or when the limits for after the 31st are posted ? Thanks.
  7. Brent Doornenbal

2018 Kitimat / Hartley Bay

Post Updates as you can.
  8. Brent Doornenbal

2018 Prince Rupert Fishing Report

I thought I would start this if any of the members are aware of the conditions, In headed out early July for a week.
  9. Brent Doornenbal

ICE Options Kitimat

What are the options or store for sea ice or dry ice in town to fill a couple coolers before heading out for 4 days?? Does MK sell bulk ice?? Thanks in advance.
Back