Search results

1. Brent Doornenbal

2023 Prince Rupert Fishing Reports

Anyone out for the long weekend? How have the spring numbers been ?
  2. Brent Doornenbal

Islander MR2 Anti Reverse

Call Kodiak Lake Hunting and Fishing in Barrhead Alberta, I saw a used one in there case the other that looked to be in great condition for 400 or 450 bucks.
  3. Brent Doornenbal

2022 Prince Rupert Fishing Report

I would think they are in pretty consistent now, but that’s just a guess from the last few years.
  4. Brent Doornenbal

2021 Prince Rupert Fishing Report

Thanks for the info, I start fishing Monday for 2 weeks so hopefully find a few while looking for Chinooks !!
  5. Brent Doornenbal

2021 Prince Rupert Fishing Report

How are the reports on the coho been the last few days ?
  6. Brent Doornenbal

Prince Rupert Guides

It would be a hard choice between Prince Rupert RV - Jason and Travis or MCA Fishing -Maynard
  7. Brent Doornenbal

2020 Prince Rupert Fishing Report

That's a great coho for this time of the year !! Hopefully more start to show up.
  8. Brent Doornenbal

Any updates on how the fishing is ? I see a few of the guides are running now in town.
  9. Brent Doornenbal

We are scheduled to be out there the same time for about a week, they just reduced the Chinook to 1/2 daily/possession but still lots of other fishing out there !!
  10. Brent Doornenbal

Leader length for spoons

I run spoons with a dummy flasher rig and have had great success ...... what im getting at is technically the spoon could be 10 -15ft past the clip so in theory the leader is that total length.
  11. Brent Doornenbal

Boat radar arch design...

Most builders also will charge extra 400-500 for removable feet which was included with the fish on. I’m just providing my findings, your price seems pretty good, the cheapest quote I could get was 3000 in Canada for a custom arch, and another 500 if I wanted the arch to come off easy. I agree...
  12. Brent Doornenbal

Boat radar arch design...

I went through the same thought process on the same boat and was advised to not put any flat storage up top. This was not due to weight but for wind drag. Also as mentioned above anything that comes out much past the curtain would limit the fishing significantly. So my feedback would be if...
  13. Brent Doornenbal

New options for Mooching Rod

After about 5 calls they realize they make a 2019 rod, part number 12774-01. Slightly different specs but within an ounce and they are sending it up, seems like they don't want to repair it or send it back to so I can repair it.
  14. Brent Doornenbal

New options for Mooching Rod

I had 2 Gloomis EX6 Mooching rods but the reel seat went out on one, they have told me that they cant/wont repair it and that they have discontinued that line of rods and don't plan to build a replacement for it. What are the other options for some well made mooching rods to match with the...
  15. Brent Doornenbal

Any reason NOT to use a bow mount ????

Im a walleye guy and fish from the back of the boat so i haven't plugged the controller in I just use the remote, love the way it works.
  16. Brent Doornenbal

Reading about it the regular ones do just fine for longevity, lots of guys use them in salt. The way it worked if it died tomorrow I’d be happy to replace it with the riptide but not sure I’ll need to. I’ve been home and used it in fresh water with 4 days of being home and would assume any...
  17. Brent Doornenbal

Tackle Storage for pre-rigged salmon lures ??

I ended up using a the foam kneeling pads from the garden. The Spoons sit flat on it and then i cut small slits and wrap the line around it..... seemed to work good.
  18. Brent Doornenbal

Well I just got back from the coast and I used my bow mount to halibut fish ..... it worked very well even in 10knt winds. I will defiantly be doing it again on all of my future trips. Withing 10 seconds of pulling up on the spot your anchored you can shift positions easily and when you want...
  19. Brent Doornenbal

2019 Prince Rupert Fishing Report

What’s the skinny ! Headed there later this week.
  20. Brent Doornenbal

Do I need to put anodes or anything on aluminum boat for saltwater trip?

I went with the mercathode system as well as anodes, it protects with electric current.
Back