Search results

1. S

Coating an aluminum intake

You might want to make sure that hose barb isn't steel where that vacuum hose is. If it's anything other than aluminum or titanium, you won't be able to anodize it unless it's removed.
  2. S

New Motor from Honda: BF350!

Honda has never made a v8 for their automotive division so I'm curious where they sourced the block.
  3. S

New mercs lifespan

The 150's are actually 3.0 litre 4 cylinders.
  4. S

What do you think about these?

The majority of the parts for seastars steering system is machined in the lower mainland or Vancouver island. You would be surprised how many parts are made right here in BC for the marine industry.
  5. S

300k boat for 200k

Have you looked into an ocean sport legacy?
  6. S

9.9 Kicker - Suzuki vs Merc

My friends 2020 Merc 9.9 EFI prokicker has the pull string.
  7. S

3br 3ba Townhouse with detached garage in Port Coquitlam

I find the chaos starts and ends at the ferry terminal for me.
  8. S

Islander MR3 drag

Yup, that was me. I thought that reel looked familiar.
  9. S

Islander MR3 drag

What year did you get that reel? There's a good chance I engraved it before islander got their own machine.
  10. S

Lower Island Squid fishing?

Is there squid in the harbour already? I'll be there this for a week starting Saturday.
  11. S

Wanted Lowrance hds 9, Carbon or Elite

This is cheaper: https://www.gpscentral.ca/products/lowrance/lowrancemarine/hds-carbon-9.html
  12. S

Super stern heavy Hewescraft, .... and rides terrible !

Put your boat and trailer on a scale and see what it actually weighs and compare it to what it's supposed to weigh.
  13. S

Help, just brought a used 15hp Mercury 2016outboard

Photo 1: Photo 2: You wouldn't check the oil in your car by opening the oil cap. Don't do that with your outboard. Use the dip stick. My friends 06 pro kicker has been doing that for the 5 years he's owned it. Born again boating addresses it in the comments of that video. We got tired of...
  14. S

Opinions On Best Salmon Downrigger Rods

I use a 4110s paired with islander reels and I think the choice in reels is more important than the rod. My backup rods are trophy xl 10'6" and they're pretty limp compared to the sage but fun as hell to use, and cheap.
  15. S

2021 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

If you don't have radar like myself, yes. The fogs begun to lift here.
  16. S

2021 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

I'm in ukee right now and have the same problem.
  17. S

Cabezon Limit Ukee

They're terrible, don't keep it. Give me your coordinates so I can avoid that area. Joking aside, they don't yield much meat, but the meat is very good. I was converted last year when I had a little too much to drink and cooking a cabezon was a good idea at the time.
  18. S

2021 Kyuquot Reports

I was up there last week. Fishing for springs was a grind our whole trip. It was probably our slowest year when it came to springs. Fishing for all the other species was great though. The road to fair harbour is very good condition. There's still a road block at ehattesaht, but they just...
  19. S

Merc Pro KickerProp Guard

There's a bunch of us here. I made mine out of aluminum sheet metal that I bent around a rim. I honestly googled it one day and after a couple wasted pieces of aluminum, I made one that looked like it will work.
Back