Search results

1. capman

Forecast for salmon season

Has anyone heard of any forecasts for the upcoming salmon season? Washington fish & wildlife has posted theirpredictions and estimated numbers for this upcoming season
  2. capman

Best way to Replace 12lb cannon balls with 15lb

I have a few 12lb cannon balls but haven't been using them since I now strictly use either 15 or 18lb. What would you suggest for me to do, sell them at a reduced cost or have them molded into 15lb? Just don't know where or who does mold and cast cannon balls. Appreciate any suggestions.
  3. capman

Boat Trailer Services

I need to service my boat trailer but the one in North Van won't be able to look at it until late October. Anyone knows a reputable place preferably in Northshore, Burnaby, or Vancouver? Thanks in advance
  4. capman

Changing starter on a Yamaha 9.9 4 strock

I believe the starter on my 9.9 kicker is done. Checked the fuel, the battery, and even the trim which moves the engine up and down all work. I do a little bang on the starter and then it cranks. My question is how difficult to change the starter. I'm not a mechanic and since there is no...
  5. capman

Scotty 1106 Downrigger

I have a pair of Scotty 1106 downrigger with the braided line on, including the base. Not in the box but never been used. Selling them as a pair for $400 each.
  6. capman

Installing Trim Tabs

I’m getting new trim tabs and a side scanner transducer for my Thunderjet boat. Any reputable place or installer you can recommend in Vancouver area? Thanks
  7. capman

Where to store the boat temporary in the Island

I'm towing my 24' boat to the Island on July 1st to fish around China Creek for a few days and then at the end of July, going back to fish for a week around Nootka. To save time and money, I like to store the boat somewhere safe for almost a month anywhere between Qualicum beach to Nanaimo. Any...
  8. capman

How to reduce the bouncing/pounding of an aluminum boat

I understand due to the weight, aluminum boats are more subject to bouncing. I usually add some weight to the bow of the boat and that helps. I'm also thinking of adding trim tabs to my 22' boat. Is that all I can do to help reduce the bouncing?
  9. capman

Bottom painting aluminum boat

I've been keeping my 24' aluminum boat at Lions Gate Marina for the last few years until now that they have increased the monthly fee by almost 40%. The boat has always been on a trailer while not being used. Now thinking of moving it to Mosquito Creek in NV where the boat will be sitting on the...
  10. capman

Prawn hauler blows up the fuse

I’m fairly new to pawning and used my new Ace Lime Hauler only twice. Both times, half way through pulling the robe the fuse blows up. I have 2 batteries in the boat and both working fine powering all other devices. I appreciate any feedback as what I’m doing wrong or what am I missing here so I...
  11. capman

Cleaning Aluminum boat prior to applying Shark Hide

I like to apply Shark Hide to my aluminum boat but I understand prior applying it, I need to wash the boat and apply certain cleaning material. In your opinion is Acetone the right choice before I apply Hide Shark?
  12. capman

Scotty 1101Downriggers

I have a pair of never used Scotty downriggers. comes with a braided line and swivel base. These downriggers came with the boat I purchased but since I already have 2 downriggers, don't need 4. I'm selling them for $450 each., well over $400 savings for 2 of them.
  13. capman

Installing new electronics on the boat

I'm looking for someone knowledgable to set up my new GPS, transducer, radar, and a few other electronics on my boat. The boat is in North Van and is on the land. If you know someone you can trust, I appreciate sharing his contact info. Thanks in advance, Capman
  14. capman

Pro-line 25 WA

i’m considering to purchase a 2004 Pro-Line 25 WA. Any members here have any experience with PRO-LINE, I would appreciate to share your experience with this line of boat
Back