Search results

1. tightlines

EV Guru's help me with the numbers

Don't forget about the added depreciation expense and the opportunity cost of the difference in purchase price in your calc. Hidden and often forgotten!
  2. tightlines

How to get my boat on the bunk trailer?

I always thought it was to allow the boat to be more efficiently supported by the trailer axles and not the bunks. When loading, the bunks seem to center the boat and as you move farther onto the trailer the boat effectively sits down (pivots) into the trailer, taking pressure off the bunks and...
  3. tightlines

The key is to position your trailer within 1.5 ft from the dock, you should be able to step over the side of the boat right on the dock If you are sliding off, the trailer is probably too far into the water. You want at minimum the front 1/3 of the bunks dry Good luck!
  4. tightlines

I have the same trailer (Carnai trailer) with a 232 Grady White similar size. My strategy when I had carpeted bunks was to dip them all the way in the water to reduce the friction, then pull the trailer out of the water so the front 1/3 of the bunks are completely out of the water. Trim your...
  5. tightlines

Yamaha SDS 16-1/4 prop 17 pitch

Doing some cleaning up garage Yamaha xl sds 16-1/4 x 17 Stainless SKU on the box Virtually new, tested briefly Comes in original box $700 firm Pickup White Rock
  6. tightlines

please remove

I need these up in Cultus Sound when the hogs roll in - 2 x last year big Chinook completely manhandled the Islander MR2. Into the kelp after taking 500 ft - felt helpless. These fish must have been 50# plus - Almost have to get lucky and have them swim off shore. I have thought of having gear...
  7. tightlines

St Jean's Cannery Schedule

Just got off the phone with St Jeans, I had dropped 5 Chinook and 2 coho on Aug 30th for candy processing. They still have no timeline when it will be ready.....5 months and counting?! Normally always done before Christmas, whole reason why we get it done First time in 15 years waiting this long
  8. tightlines

What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

That's wild that a crab trap caused that! Glad you got lucky there that would have been brutal
  9. tightlines

Blunt nosed hull sea trial.

Like said earlier this is Haulover - There is a youtube channel dedicated to boats getting the **** kicked out of them at this inlet. It gets gnarly there regularly
  10. tightlines

Newbie to house build

I should clarify - the trades are operating on thin margins, as are the GC's in new home construction. The only way to 'win' a lot of the time, is to have extremely cheap labour and inevitably cut some corners. My advice was more along the lines of spend the money on someone with a proven track...
  11. tightlines

Newbie to house build

I'm in the trades business and I wouldn't trust anyone to build my house these days! The quality of trades participating in residential new construction is abysmal because the margins are disgustingly low. If you are too dumb to realize there is no money in it, you're probably not good at your...
  12. tightlines

Used pickup market

I installed to be compatible with Hydrastar Hydraulic brake actuator
  13. tightlines

Used pickup market

I have a truck for sale that might work for you? It's on a dealer lot in Richmond right now. https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds/cto/d/surrey-dodge-ram-3500-diesel/7540473725.html I'd take 37,500k for it today 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT 188K This was going to be my 10 year work truck but...
  14. tightlines

2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

This is such an epic photo - You can't usually tell how big they are in photos - Nice fish! Look at the adipose
  15. tightlines

Peetz alarm clock

Man I need to track mine down, I remember vividly waking up to this as a kid "wake up, wake up...... You gotta bite! Reel screaming" so good
  16. tightlines

Tuna cord crimps ?

Pacific net and twine in Richmond should have them. I've bought from them before
  17. tightlines

80 cm Spring

I remember this, and I don't think he was joking. It was $1000 for this unicorn fish.... The thread ran for quite some time and if I recall no winning fish was produced..... Was definitely entertaining
  18. tightlines

4 Alberta men lose 80 pounds of halibut and crab, fined $4,500 after violations: B.C. conservation officers

This sounds like it was a processing/packaging issue--the rules surrounding fish processing/possession/transport etc are overly onerous and impractical. Meanwhile you can print 13 licenses a year if you want and circumvent the law with almost no chance of being caught. Sounds like they were...
  19. tightlines

Wanted-Electric hydraulic brake actuator

Anyone have 1600psi kicking around? Thanks
  20. tightlines

2022 Central Coast Reports

Thanks for that - I actually got a call back today - Apparently email is the best way to correspond with them as I got a call back within 5 min. Sounds like we are good to go for our trip - hope the fishing and weather co-operate!
Back