Search results

1. K

12 volt outlet adapter for Scotty plug?

Suffice to say I need a 12 volt outlet on my boat and I don't want to run wires for it at this time. I know I can buy a marinco plug and a 12 volt outlet and make one but was wondering if anyone has seen such an adapter already made?
  2. K

To bungee or not to bungee on a downrigger with braid, that is the question?

Got my electric downriggers fixed at Rivers Sportsman in Campbell River and had both spooled with 250 pound Scotty braid. I watched the video on scottys website on putting braid onto a downrigger and the guy attached the ball to the braid via a section of gangant line with no bungee. Just...
  3. K

Rod Storage

I need to upgrade my rod storage, can you post pictures of what you have done for ideas?
  4. K

Rain Protection To FAce

So I have an open boat and often get caught out in the rain and it sucks to get hit in the face with it, aside from getting a boat with a windshield anyone have any tricks in dealing with this?
  5. K

Scotty Downrigger Release Clip Modification For Braid/Stronger Grasp

I was asked in another thread what I do to mod my Scotty clips, so I thought I would make a post. So when I switched to braid I found that the Scotty clips did not pinch near hard enough for my way of fishing: I like to hold the line tight so I can crank down on the reel, remove as much of the...
  6. K

Scotty Electric Downrigger warped Spool..... from wire?

So both my non HP electrics have warped the spools, one minor, the other major like so bad the ball won't drop when trolling into a 2 knot current at 2 knots with a 15 pound ball. I know if you spool up more than 400 feet of braid it can warp the spool, if you don't put some backing tape on to...
  7. K

Removable Floor Ideas

I am installing a 40 hp outboard on my 16 foot Zepher Smokercraft, upgrading from a 15 hp. Now that I have the hp to move the boat, I would like to put down a removable floor to sit on top of the ribs. There is not much out there after numerous google searches. Has anyone done this and if so...
  8. K

Shop Teacher Needs Help

Hi, I am a shop teacher and a student has brought in a boat he inherited from his grandfather. The boat came with two scotty electric downriggers, the non digital style with non telescoping booms, and what appears to be an almost new Ace Line Hauler. So the kid has asked me to help him wire it...
Back