Search results

1. K

12 volt outlet adapter for Scotty plug?

Not a matter of room, just I don't have time to wire this up before I head out on a trip and was looking for something fast.
  2. K

I think there is a misunderstanding, I have scotty electric downriggers on my boat, with two marinco style plugs, and they are wired with heavy gauge wire. I want to get an adapter that will plug into the marinco outlet that will let me plug in regular 12 volt adapters, I sleep on my boat and...
  3. K

Suffice to say I need a 12 volt outlet on my boat and I don't want to run wires for it at this time. I know I can buy a marinco plug and a 12 volt outlet and make one but was wondering if anyone has seen such an adapter already made?
  4. K

To bungee or not to bungee on a downrigger with braid, that is the question?

Got my electric downriggers fixed at Rivers Sportsman in Campbell River and had both spooled with 250 pound Scotty braid. I watched the video on scottys website on putting braid onto a downrigger and the guy attached the ball to the braid via a section of gangant line with no bungee. Just...
  5. K

Rod Storage

I need to upgrade my rod storage, can you post pictures of what you have done for ideas?
  6. K

Scotty help

From their website: Pacific Net & Twine 141 George Hills Way Prince Rupert, BC Canada, V8J 1A3 TEL: 250-627-1770 WWW:
  7. K

Rain Protection To FAce

So I have an open boat and often get caught out in the rain and it sucks to get hit in the face with it, aside from getting a boat with a windshield anyone have any tricks in dealing with this?
  8. K

Scotty Downrigger Release Clip Modification For Braid/Stronger Grasp

Agree with you on all accounts, I love the fact that I can adjust it to the point where I can be confident any fish of size I am allowed to keep will pop the clip with a ton of tension on the line. little bag in the line and nice bent over tips. I use two more of those clips attached to my rod...
  9. K

If I get a shaker I just pop it off like you would any fish, its not like this is cranked down so it wont release, its just tighter to accomodate the braid.
  10. K

I run 30 pound braid and it holds perfect with the tips bent right over, with the line set halfway into the pads on this clip mod, and it releases on fish of any size of merit.
  11. K

It depends on you really, I have no issues opening it and I have grip strength issues with my hands, my wife on the other hand can't open it.
  12. K

Always am open to opinion but I don't like it when people tell me somethings going to happen when they have not tried something.
  13. K

Sorry but I have been fishing this setup for years in all types of currents and weather and have never had it tangle. It works great with no issues.
  14. K

Mooching reel, mono vs braid

Made a post about it here but someone else mentioned the same thing, guess I didn't invent it lol https://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/index.php?threads/scotty-downrigger-release-clip-modification-for-braid-stronger-grasp.76175/
  15. K

I was asked in another thread what I do to mod my Scotty clips, so I thought I would make a post. So when I switched to braid I found that the Scotty clips did not pinch near hard enough for my way of fishing: I like to hold the line tight so I can crank down on the reel, remove as much of the...
  16. K

Vintage Spoons?

I use spoons almost exclusively, I know many retired commercial fishermen who give me old gear. Yesterday one of them gave me 3 dozen P2B spoons from 1978 which I love to death been using them for years, now I have a good supply (sorry won't be selling them). I also teach metalwork and know a...
  17. K

Mooching reel, mono vs braid

I use 30# power pro braid on my mooching reels for downrigger fishing, with a ball bearing swivel and clip directly attached to the flasher/lure. I don't use mono on there anywhere. I do this because the braid lasts longer, I can easily get 3-4 years out of the braid with no problems, less blow...
  18. K

Scotty Electric Downrigger warped Spool..... from wire?

I will check them out, I will be in there next week, I bought the riggers from them.
  19. K

Where do you even buy the spool, I can find nothing online for it.
  20. K

I have never had a bottom hangup, and I have taken the wire off and disassembled the spool to no visible damage there, and I have respooled it four times, each time it works but now it wont change it
Back