Search results

1. T

WTB Swingback style bench seat with storage.

Wanted: used swingback style seat. Maybe with a cooler bottom on it. Like a "Wise" brand.
  2. T

Fishing Williston , launching and navigation

Hi there. I'm planning on fishing Williston...probably next year. I think it would be a good adventure. I've seen a couple of YouTube videos that showed some decent fishing and great scenery. So that was enough for me! Hoping to make it happen! How are the launches near MacKenzie? I'm thinking...
  3. T

Shuswap Lake near Magna Bay fishing

Hey there. I'm on holiday with my family...planning to have a crack at some fish in between pulling a tube around. Any general pointers? I would love to catch a laker if I could...I have my downrigger, a jigging rod, a sounder/plotter and my licence...I was thinking just troll until I mark...
  4. T

Oxidization on aluminum boats.

I've been out tinkering on my boat, and I've noticed what I originally thought was salt on my boat. Well since I've rinsed my boat after use, maybe I could have rinsed better... I am assuming I have oxidization going on. Nothing scary. But I notice it. The boat has anodes on it. The battery is...
  5. T

Trolling for chum...any tips?

Hey there. Thinking that I may try to take a crack at trolling for chum salmon. (or any salmon for that matter) Sounds like most folks around the lower mainland are catching a couple here and there right now while looking for coho and chinook. Does anyone have any tips on how to target them...
  6. T

Boat Insurance: home built boat--any experience with this?

Hey folks. I'm looking around at getting insurance for my home built boat. (16.5' aluminum) Anyone have any experience getting that done for a home built? Beyond just getting a bunch of quotes, is there anything I should be looking out for or expecting? Survey etc? Do people even bother with...
  7. T

Battery--Battery Cable to the center console question: Can I splice the battery cables to get more length?

Or.....is this just a bad/unsafe idea? I am trying to figure out where to put the battery in my 16.5' aluminum center console. There isn't much room in the back, and I thought I might need or want to run two batteries at some time in the future. So I am thinking of tucking it all up under the...
  8. T

Drain plug: For Welded Aluminum Boat...Threaded? Compression?

Hey there. I need to install a drain in my welded aluminum boat. What do people here use? Compression type? Or threaded? Compression plugs seem simple enough to find. But.. ...If threaded....where do you get the fittings from? The plugs seem easy to find in Aluminum, stainless or brass, but...
Back