Search results

1. F

Towing a 185 Double Eagle

Question for you all...I know that I can look at the numbers of boat/trailer/gear weights as well as look at towing capacity...but I am looking to see if any of you have any first hand experience with the following. Any of you tow a 185 Double Eagle with a Tacoma DC 4x4 (4.0L)? If so, how is...
  2. F

Project: Second sounder

Well, I have had my current boat for about 2 years. Awesome boat. Excellent electronics including an HDS8 at the helm with a radar and an Airmar transducer. One thing that has been an issue since the first time that I used it fishing is that I have difficulty seeing the HDS screen from the back...
  3. F

Sounder settings....

Thought I would start a thread about what settings you guys are running your sounders at... My setup: Lowrance HDS 8 with an Airmar P66 (just installed) Sensitivity: 63% Colour line : 83% Ping Speed: 13 Since I just installed the Airmar, I want to make sure that I get the most out of...
  4. F

Deep Cycle vs. Cranking

Question for you all... When I purchased my "new to me" boat last summer, it came with two cranking batteries running through a battery switch. I had no problems with this set up for the rest of the season, and it worked just fine. Now, on my old boat, I always had two deep cycles through...
  5. F

Lowrance Fuel Flow meter?

I am thinking of installing a Lowrance Fuel Flow meter...anyone have any experience with them, good or bad? Thanks, FishWish
  6. F

Wireless Panther T5 kicker steering...AWESOME!

So, I have been using my new wireless, Panther T5 kicker steering system for about a week now, and it has been just awesome. The install was a little trickier than I thought it was going to be, but that was really just due to certain aspects of my kicker, and configuration (the swim grid was...
  7. F

Yamaha T8 Tilt tube too short?

So, I am trying to install a Panther t5 on my kicker that came on my new to me boat, and the tilt tube is way too short...only one or two threads sticking out....definitely not enough to mount the steering. I am assuming I can buy a longer tilt tube. The motor is a 2009 Yamaha T8. I can't seem...
  8. F

1992 Trophy 2002 WA

1992 Bayliner Trophy 2002 (20 ft) 2003 140 HP Johnson (Suzuki) EFI 4-Stroke (under 500 hours) Yamaha 9.9 High Thrust Kicker with stainless prop guard and EZ steer connection Racor fuel water separator with valves to turn fuel on/off to each engine Lowrance 335C DF Sounder/Plotter Furuno...
  9. F

Thinking of a SeaSport Sportsman 2200...

Thinking of a 22 foot SeaSport with a Volvo Penta 5.0 GI. Any experiences, good or bad, that people could pass on? It will be used mainly for fishing, inside and on the west side. Family of 4. We currently run a 20 foot Trophy WA. Thanks in advance for the info, FishWish
  10. F

Fog...be careful!

While fishing today, we heard Comox Coast guard dealing with a collision just north of Dent Rapids...couldn't get the full story from what was being said, but a 24' Campion Explorer had collided with a 34' Bayliner while running in heavy fog...no injuries nor threat of sinking from what we could...
  11. F

Adding power tilt and controls to a 9.9 HT ?

Anybody add a power tilt and controls to a Yamaha 9.9 HT? I have one with a tiller, and would like to add power tilt, and change the tiller to remote control. If anyone has done it, what did it cost you? I thought I would check here before I went in to my Yamaha dealer. Thanks, FishWish
  12. F

Road to Tahsis VHF frequency?

Anyone know the VHF frequency for the road from Gold River to Tahsis? Thanks, FishWish
  13. F

Price for a 6 hp Yamaha 4-Stroke?

Hey all, I am looking for a used 4-stroke for my tin boat. I found one today in town, that is a 6 hp Yamaha 4-stroke short shaft, with 2 hours on it. The guy apparently bought it to use on his canoe, and found it to be a little big (surprise, surprise). It is basically brand new...
  14. F

Yamaha outboard warranty in Canada

Question for you all. If you buy a new Yamaha motor from a dealer in the states, does the warranty transfer into Canada? It is my understanding that if you buy a new outboard in the US, and you have a warranty issue, you need to take it to a US Yamaha dealer to get it dealt with. Is...
  15. F

Peregrine Lodge running Edgewater Boats?

Hey, Did anyone on here work at or go to Peregrine this summer? A friend of mine is looking at Edgewater Boats, and it is my understanding that they were running some 23' Edgewaters this summer. Or, anyone have any other info on Edgewaters? Thanks, FishWish
  16. F

Garelick Ajustable Kicker Bracket for "2 Stroke"

I have a Garelick adjustable kicker bracket that has been kicking around the shop for a long time. It is the model that is designed for "2 strokes" and is rated to 115 lbs. I used to run a 15 hp 2 stroke Evinrude on it. I am in Powell River, but will be traveling to the island at some point...
  17. F

Lifetimer 220 Cabin

Shopping/dreaming of a new aluminum for the family. I am looking at quite a few, but the Lifetimer 220 cabin has intrigued me. Anyone on here run one, or fished out of one? Thanks for any info, FishWish
  18. F

Trophy 2002 WA conversion to Hardtop ???

I bought my radar arch from a guy in Victoria who had Jenkins Marine convert his Trophy WA soft top, into a fully enclosed fiberglass hardtop with nice big windows. Does anyone have pics of this, or another Trophy conversion along the same lines? I don't have the guy's contact info anymore...
  19. F

Making a wash down out of aeration plumbing...

I have an aeration well that I never use. I would like to swap the aeration pump with a wash down pump, and use the well to hold the hose. All the plumbing is there, I just need to do the pump swap. Anyone try this? Tips? The pump is a pain to get at but it can be done. Thanks, FishWish
  20. F

Wiper on 1992 Trophy 2002 ?????

I'm fed up with not having a wiper on my Trophy. Has anyone installed one on theirs, and care to share any pic/advice? I have a 1992 Trophy 2002 WA. You know...one of the million that there are on the coast:) Thanks, FishWish
Back