Search results

1. W

French Creek Salmon Derby Aug 22-24, 2014...

The French Creek Salmon Derby is typically held the weekend before the Labour Day long weekend. It would be great to see some new faces/boats attend this event in the future. Lots of fun for all ages, hope to see you next year! Western Star
  2. W

2014 French Creek Salmon Derby Boundaries Map Hey everyone, here is a map of the French Creek Salmon Derby Boundaries. Western Star
  3. W

2014 French Creek Salmon Derby Information Hey Everyone, just so you are aware, you can weigh your fish in after 9pm on Friday and Saturday night if you call Russ at the pub 250-248-7934. Western Star
  4. W

French Creek Salmon Derby Aug 22-24, 2014... Hey everyone, just a little reminder that we'll be having another local salmon derby this weekend. Derby headquarters will be at the French Creek Marine Pub. Tickets are $10.00/Rod, tickets available at French Creek Harbour Store-(250) 248-8912, or...
  5. W

Any chum showing up at Browns Bay ?

Good times for sure... Hey everyone, was able to make it up for the Saturday with Southern Star. The morning started out with an orca show off Separation Head. We moved over to Deepwater Wall and got into the pack. Fish were being caught all around us, then finally it was our turn. We caught...
  6. W

2013 French Creek Salmon Derby Aug 23-25

Final numbers are in... Hey everyone, Wow, this was a great event. The fishing and turnout was excellent. Total ticket sales were 328, up 108 from last years total of 220. 162 fish were weighed in over the weekend with 74 coming in on Saturday. The 2 big fish (44.4 & 40.8 lb.) were caught right...
  7. W

We caught 4 Chinooks for the derby. Early mornings at the Little ''Q'' worked best for us. The 3.5'' hot pink TKO was the ticket. Shorter leader-36'' at 60' in shallow 60-90' of water. The 2 largest fish were caught right out front! Overall the fishing was excellent. From what I could see...
  8. W

Hey Twogone, would be nice to see you come down for our derby. Typically the Little Qualicum and Big Qualicum river mouths are a good bet this time of year, and generally people fish in pretty shallow water using brightly colored gear and shorter leaders. A lot of people have success jigging for...
  9. W

ECVI Nanoose, French Creek Report

2013 French Creek Salmon Derby Aug 23-25 Hey everyone,Ticket sales are going well. Hoping to get lots of ECVI anglers out for the event. There are lots of great prizes up for grabs. All proceeds are going to local salmon enhancement. I will be posting updates of the leaderboard as the weekend...
  10. W

Have you got your tickets yet?! Hey everyone,Ticket sales are going well. Hoping to get lots of people out for the event. There are lots of great prizes up for grabs. All proceeds are going to local salmon enhancement. I will be posting updates of the leaderboard as the weekend progresses. Good...
  11. W

2013 French Creek Salmon Derby Boundaries Map Hey everyone, here is a map of the French Creek Salmon Derby Boundaries. Western Star
  12. W

2013 French Creek Salmon Derby Information Hey Everyone, just so you are aware, you can weigh your fish in after 9pm on Friday and Saturday night if you call Russ at the pub 250-248-7934. Western Star
  13. W

French Creek Salmon Derby Aug/23-25, 2013... Hey everyone, just a little reminder that we'll be having another local salmon derby at the end of the month. Derby headquarters will be at the French Creek Marine Pub. Tickets are $10.00/Rod, tickets available at French Creek Marina Store-(250)...
  14. W

Beauty And The Beasts Hey everyone, I was out this afternoon bottom fishing and got into some nice Ling Cod. I had one on that peeled some serious line and anchored itself onto the bottom. This fish was HEAVY, I would gain abit of line, then back to the bottom. This went on for awhile until the...
  15. W

Trolling with the Orcas Hey everyone, I was able to get out for a little fish this morning with the girlfriend and we had some company. Enjoy! Western Star http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfSxj9l1-fE&feature=youtu.be
  16. W

French Creek Winter Springs Hey everyone, I've been having some decent fishing out in front of French Creek the last while. We caught our limit-4, with the biggest reaching 15 Lbs. this past Saturday. The Winter Springs are hanging around taking advantage of the abundant herring in the area...
  17. W

French Creek Marina Store-2013 Tidal Water Licences!

Hey everyone, I thought I would let people know this store has the new licences in now. I heard there may be a delay in the manual hand written licences reaching the various stores we are accustomed to getting them at-On time. They must of gotten on it as they sold me licence# 000001! What I...
  18. W

Winter Springs in the French Creek/Nanaimo Area

Hey Everyone, has anyone ventured out lately? The water has looked pretty nice the last few days. I'm anxious to try some of my new Christmas hooks! Lol. I'm hoping to get out in the next few days. Will report back. Western Star
  19. W

King Tide

I went down to French Creek Marina before work today and saw the awesome King Tide. it was a 16.9' high tide! I've lived here for a while, and can"t recall seeing a tide this big. i t ook a few pictures I thought were interesting. check them out! Western Star
  20. W

Qualicum Rivers Chinooks

Hey everyone, picked up a nice 15 Lb. Chinook tonight at the Little "Q", seen another one caught at dusk. What a Beautiful evening...I'll take the Qualicum Rivers over the Alberni Inlet any day of the week-Less boats, flater water, and as good of fishing in my opinion...Home Sweet Home...
Back