Search results

1. Gomesy

2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Was out in the harbour from 11-2 today. Caught 3 unders and a beauty 71cm just as we called it a day right at 2pm. All on a white hootchie with a black flasher. Beauty day and had a nice lunch as well.
  2. Gomesy

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Pardon my ignorance, but which is the bellboy? Is that the one off of Point Grey? I know the QA, T10, and Sandheads. Thanks in advance
  3. Gomesy

Still good out here but definitely a breeze and small waves forming. 1 wild coho safely released.
  4. Gomesy

White knuckled a rough ride in big seas from MacDonald Beach to Sechlet in my old 17.5’ Double Eagle, with my gf and her parents, many years ago. The Sea…she was…how you say…angry. My girlfriend’s Father broke a rib, her Mother got an eye floater, and she became my wife. Lol Anyway, looks like...
  5. Gomesy

Downrigger braid

Where did you buy it?
  6. Gomesy

Downrigger braid

In search of Power Pro 200 for my downriggers. Do you know where I can buy it around Vancouver? Also, is high visibility (yellow) a bad idea? I found yellow on Amazon. Thanks in advance.
  7. Gomesy

Great morning out there today. Cruised past the T10 and saw a pod of Orcas so continued on to Sandheads. No action until I got a pink at 9am. Then got a nice 12 lb ‘nook on a skinny g at 120 on the DR. Had a few more bites before I had to go home at 10:30.
  8. Gomesy

Fishing PA from 7-9am. Had a couple hits but nothing to the boat. Now at South Bowen and just released a wild coho.
  9. Gomesy

Conditions were really good when I left at 9am and should only get better today.
  10. Gomesy

Nice hour and half out in front of Chaster Creek from 11-12:30pm. One clipped ‘Ho and kept two pinks but it was non-stop action once I found them. Coho was on a white hootchy at 42 ft on the downrigger. Pinks were on a mini bubblegum pink hootchy at 57 ft on the downrigger. Interestingly, all...
  11. Gomesy

Mobile Marine Mechanic in Greater Vancouver?

Hey SFBC family, I’ve got my boat moored at Lynnwood marina and I am looking for a mobile marine mechanic to help with my 9.9hp Yamaha kicker that won’t start. Been scouring Google but have not had any luck thus far. Any recommendations/referrals would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Mark
  12. Gomesy

Recommended Fishing Guides for Puerto Vallarta?

I am going to PV in early November for my 40th birthday and am looking for a fishing charter. We will be a group of 6 guys and are hoping to catch some Mahi Mahi. Has anyone gone with or have feedback on Fishing Rebels? They have great reviews on Trip Advisor. Any other suggestions? Thanks...
  13. Gomesy

Great video, great cause, great danger.

Amazing video! Wow!!!
  14. Gomesy

The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

I launched at MacDonald Beach at about 2:45pm and stopped fishing at 5pm today. Ended up with 6 pinks and 2 sockeye just off the north arm. Used bubblegum pink mini hootchies with a red flasher on one rod and a blue flasher on the other. Dummy flashers only on one cannonball. Lost probably 4...
  15. Gomesy

Best Fishing gag you pulled off

I have a story similar to FLYTYER's. I was out fishing with my Dad and 2 of his soccer buddies years ago. One guy was a complete rookie. We were jigging for rockfishing and lings and this "rookie" held his rod with the butt sticking under his arm and out the other side. Every so often my...
  16. Gomesy

Pender Harbour Area

I'm headed to Pender Harbour for the weekend and taking my boat. Just wondering if anyone has any reports or can give me a little heads up on where to try. Thanks I like it, I love it, I want some more of it!
Back