Search results

1. J-GLOBAL

Repowering New power.? Make and HP??

Have an old Suzuki 140. Bulletproof. Yamaha's, had a 350 that exploded. Also one of twin Yammi 200s that didn't hold up very well. The Suzuki, like 12 years old now, still going strong. On my Newest-to-me boat it came with twin Suzuki 350s with dual props. WOW. Can't believe the different...
  2. J-GLOBAL

Trolling Reels - Anything New?

I have had Abels for a few years now. They were better than the MR3s for Rigger Trolling. TR3s are better though, so I run mostly those, with the Abels as backups. Kept one of the MR3s (and a few other reels) for friends that want to try different things.
  3. J-GLOBAL

Stacking lines

Have been stacking for a while, and a couple situations where you can run into trouble stacking on braid: -weedy situation - weeds and the constant drag, can drag your stopper bead and/or your clip down your next stop whatever it is. -too much pressure/top rod tightened too much - opposite...
  4. J-GLOBAL

DFO 2020 Halibut Fishery Announcement & Regs

maybe Licenses follow the governments fiscal year - April 1 - March 31?
  5. J-GLOBAL

DOWNRIGGER WEIGHT RETRIEVER

I like them. The only issue being the little figure 8 thing that connects the clip on the string to the yellow part fails (over time) when all the other parts are fine. AFAIK Scotty doesn't sell just that part.
  6. J-GLOBAL

DFO 2020 Halibut Fishery Announcement & Regs

Are we getting the mini-season before March 31 this year?
  7. J-GLOBAL

Lighthouse lure

They work for me for bottom fish, and out-fish non-lit lures on the other side. Occasionally will pick up a spring on them, but I haven't found they are any better/worse for salmon. But when I'm out targeting Ling or Hali, I find they are better than non-lit
  8. J-GLOBAL

2020 Tuna Adventures

Was looking at water, Wednesday might be a possibility.
  9. J-GLOBAL

2020 Tofino Reports

PM sent
  10. J-GLOBAL

2020 Tofino Reports

Depends on wind direction. Tomorrow supposed to be nice, Friday morning as well.
  11. J-GLOBAL

2020 Tuna Adventures

Anyone looking at Thursday this week out of Tofino?
  12. J-GLOBAL

2020 Tofino Reports

Coho have finally arrived. Put in 2.5 hours today, 1 spring 2 coho right out front. Most people are fishing lighthouse or Portland, and have had to work for them.
  13. J-GLOBAL

2020 Tofino Reports

first day on the water since last Friday. Slow for me and sounds like slow for pretty much everyone.
  14. J-GLOBAL

2020 Tofino Reports

baits been small all season.
  15. J-GLOBAL

Catching/Targeting Tyee's

I've been fishing Vancouver since '82, and WCVI since '86. I've put far more hours fishing WCVI, first out of Bamfield, then out of Ukee, now out of Tofino for about a decade. Live in Vancouver and fish here when I can but work often gets in the way. I've caught more Tyee per hour of fishing...
  16. J-GLOBAL

2020 Tofino Reports

We picked up a tyee on a hootchie yesterday as well, bit different area. There are some bigger fish around at the moment. a lot of 10-12. A bunch of 18-22, and the odd Tyee
  17. J-GLOBAL

Downrigger Question

Braid is way easier on hands.
  18. J-GLOBAL

2020 Tofino Reports

pm me when you get to town if u like
  19. J-GLOBAL

Scotty clips releasing

If you look at the pic the bottom clip is set to the "loose" position. If you pull back that center piece so it clicks into place, the tension is set higher. http://scotty.com/product/no-1173/ The “tension adjuster” doubles the holding power if needed
  20. J-GLOBAL

Boat Casting for Coho - Rod Combo?

WOW INFORMATION OVERLOAD Got lost on that Alan Hawks site for a couple of hours. If anyone wants to know anything about spinning reels I'm pretty sure its there. Thanks for that, I hadn't seen that site before.
Back