Search results

1. O

Liberal MPs Reject Study of Fishery Closure Impacts in British Columbia

It is impossible to deal with dishonest people and it is impossible to reason with ignorant people. Are you listening DFO and Ottawa?
  2. O

Why should it come as a big surprise to any of us to suddenly find out that the DFO and Politicians lie? When that has been their MO for decades. All this scientific data that the DFO has been basing their "Conservation" decisions on over the years is also a myth and does not exist nor has it...
  3. O

This is bloody well crazy that the DFO and the Liberals are being allowed to get away with this dishonest charade. Maybe the only way to deal with this kind of dishonest nonsense is to initiate a massive class action suit against the DFO for their gross mismanagement of our Fishery? I bet that...
  4. O

You have to wonder if the Liberals are thinking that they are living on a different planet when it comes to the management of our Fishery? I cannot believe that they can make such a profoundly stupid decision without realizing that there are going to be some ballot box consequences? I would...
  5. O

I do not understand the reasons why the Liberal MPs voted against this study? Not that we even need a study in the first place, on an issue of such importance to both the National and Provincial economies? Could someone please explain what is going on here? What political reasons or motivation...
  6. O

The Beginning of the End of our fishery?

The DFO and other so called concerned groups are so far behind the curve on this issue that it borders on pathetic if not laughable. The FN are only trying to protect their interests and what is so wrong with that? The DFO has really let us all down.
  7. O

We are all trying to solve the same problem here. The DFO are like dealing with a Mafia crime family. The top brass are so well insulated from the public and the decision makers are impossible to reach. I wish all those involved in this important quest the best of luck.
  8. O

I am not asking you to support me I am asking you to support PBPS because if our fishery is ever going to recover from this disaster it is going to take a successful seal harvest on the part of the PBPS to make that happen and it will be years before we even start to see some positive results...
  9. O

Derby I find it really hard to believe and to understand why you don't understand why the SFI should support the PBPS in what is unquestionably the greatest and most important issue of our time? My guess is that you do not know the answers to this question? I am just looking for some of the...
  10. O

Derby the Seal problem is the major reason why our fishery is in such the terrible state. For many years the SFI has been the voice of the fishing community. On an issue of such monumental importance it only seems reasonable to assume that the PBPS would have the backing of the SFI? I think that...
  11. O

Derby for the members of the Forum, could you please explain the rational behind why the SFI has refused to endorse and support the PBPS and their mission?
  12. O

Derby with due respect, if the shoe fits than wear it. This historic DFO train wreck to our fishery, just didn't happen overnight. Why did the SFI abandoned their mandate to support the Sports Fishery and just stand on the sidelines and do nothing? As I see it the SFI has ducked their...
  13. O

Where were the SFI while all this was going on? I thought that the SFI were supposed to be representing us? Yet, I haven't heard a peep of protest from them. How could the SFI just sit back and allow this to happen? Why have the SFI been so completely silent while allowing the DFO to run...
  14. O

What has happened with our fishery almost overnight is truly stunning. I think that history will show that many of the recent decisions that the out of control DFO have made have been made for the wrong reasons. The DFO have created such a multi faceted, complicated mess that it goes without...
  15. O

The recent devastating regulation announcements by the DFO may have spelt the death knell to what was once a world class coastal wide fishery. A fishery that is now suddenly on the brink of total collapse. Once the DFO takes away fishing opportunities they rarely if ever reverse their decisions...
  16. O

DFO Update on Fraser Chinook Tuesday 11:30 am

Seals or Salmon and it looks like the Seals are winning? The horse has left the barn and it is too late now to start to protest? These new regs are going to be with us for many years to come.
  17. O

A new model of Management Needed

We are going to see some game changer type of changes in the way our fisheries are going to be managed in the months ahead whether DFO agrees or not.. I have proposed for many years that each management area should be managed by the stakeholders in that area. What has been the MO of the DFO in...
  18. O

The PBPS Group is on track to forever change our fishery for the better.

California this is good information. I know that the PBPS group are looking at marketing the seal products in the Asian market rather than the Canadian market. Give Ken Pearce a call at 1-604-839-7756 or email him at kpearce1@telus.net and he will be glad to share their marketing plans with you.
  19. O

If it turns out at the end of the day that seals have zero market value and who knows at this stage of the game, what the actual market value of a seal is going to be? Are you than suggesting that this mission be abandoned and we save the seals rather than save the Salmon? If that turns out to...
  20. O

I asked Ken Pearce for a breakdown on the value of each seal harvested and here is what he came back with: 1. Oil from Seals: Highest Omega 3 fatty acid in the world. Selling for $75.00 a gallon about 2.5 gallons per 40 pound seal = about $187.00 a seal. 2. Pelts.....In prime condition in the...
Back