Search results

1. Ben Fougere

How to Use a Garmin Striker 4 - Features

Want to learn how to use a Garmin Striker 4? Here's a complete video showing the features that I use.
  2. Ben Fougere

Cradle Nets for Lake Trout

Who else uses a cradle net to help release lake trout? What brand of cradle net do you have? Pros? Cons?
  3. Ben Fougere

Fishing Tips and Techniques to Help You Catch Lake Trout

If you want to learn how to catch lake trout then this video might be for you. Here's a video I made while fishing Canim Lake this year.
  4. Ben Fougere

Fish Finder Tackle Box

Here's my fish finder tackle box and how I have it set up. I love this thing!
  5. Ben Fougere

How to Catch Lots of Fish in One Day Using Spoons

Have you ever fished spoons for trout? If not, you should try this.
  6. Ben Fougere

2020 was a blast!

Thank you. I'm glad you liked it. And, yes, I love an organised boat. Scotty fishing products have helped me achieve what I need.
  7. Ben Fougere

2020 was a blast!

We had a blast this year learning how to catch lake trout. We hope to fish for at least one new species each year. Here's a quick overview video on how we did this year. We are looking forward to 2021.
  8. Ben Fougere

2020 was a blast!

We had a blast fishing and learning how to catch lake trout this year. We hope to fish for at least one new species to us each year. Here's our video of how our 2020 season went.
  9. Ben Fougere

Jigging for Big Lake Trout in Horse Lake

Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. We have a 15hp. Wish we had a 25. I'm looking forward to fishing with them for years to come.
  10. Ben Fougere

Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. I can watch this video over and over. That day will be a day I never forget.
  11. Ben Fougere

I'm glad you're enjoyed our Facebook group. We love promoting kokanee fishing in British Columbia. Afterall, who doesn't love to eat fresh landlocked sockeye salmon? The reels and days off will definitely come in due time. It took us a while to build up our gear to what we have now. There will...
  12. Ben Fougere

We have a 14ft Lund with a 15hp Mercury. I love the split benches in the back. I mark the fish on my fish finder then send my jig down.
  13. Ben Fougere

I'm glad you liked it. We had a lot of fun as well :)
  14. Ben Fougere

We caught some big lake trout in Horse Lake while learning how to jig for them. Time for a bigger net. Here's our video:
  15. Ben Fougere

Bridge Lake, BC - Big Kokanee in the Cariboo

I only have experience with the Striker 4, but the echo map seems to fit my needs for my next purchase. I really could have used the map feature on my last trip to Bridge Lake for lake trout (youtube video on my channel).
  16. Ben Fougere

I have been using 10lb cannon balls. They keep my downrigger cable straight up and down in the water. 6lb cannon balls would work fine as well. As for a fish finder, I am currently using a Garmin Striker 4. I bought it at Costco a few years ago now. I love Garmin products. I'll be looking to...
  17. Ben Fougere

I was successful on one of my trips to Bridge Lake. On my other trips, the kokanee were harder to find. Here's my video of what a great day on Bridge Lake, BC looks like.
  18. Ben Fougere

Kokanee Fishing for Beginners

In this video, we walk you thru some of the techniques we use to catch kokanee. This is a great video for those looking to get into kokanee fishing.
  19. Ben Fougere

Bridge Lake, BC - Fishing for Huge Kokanee

We stayed at Lac Des Roche Resort. It was a few minutes down the highway and was a nice place to stay at. I'm not sure if they allow dogs or not, but they do have camping there.
  20. Ben Fougere

Bridge Lake, BC - Fishing for Huge Kokanee

Yes, the larger kokanee seem to like faster speeds, especially later in the season. Good point you make about speed variation between different lakes.
Back