Search results

1. Prairie Rattler

Tackle Sale

Hey all, just noticed a good sale going on at the Tackle Shack for jigs and other gear if interested. https://pacific-playgrounds-tackle-shack.myshopify.com/?fbclid=IwAR1bD9fFAXq_R3axh9k0cWIEOOq8P5mZKdTdksr76T0aXdGvJq8aXxb9Kjw_aem_AaxKh-GHD8a6qVd14xwEX-S410nZBZQIMIXcSZYMWxzb1Cr7Pw4diuPvqwrZ4DWpQa4
  2. Prairie Rattler

Xsonic connector question

Can't seem to find an answer for this yet. I have an Hds9 Gen 3 unit with a free Structurescan HD port on the back and I'd like to hook a 2nd transducer into it. Can anyone confirm if the Structurescan HD port(9 pin) is in fact the exact same as the new XSonic ports on the HDS Live/Airmar...
  3. Prairie Rattler

2018 Campbell River Reports

Waterwolf2230 would be a good person to talk to about fishing in the area. He's out there more often than I am. Was a blast this summer tho, there were tons of Coho around in early July along with Springs.
  4. Prairie Rattler

Salmon Point and Pacific Playgrounds are nice resorts to stay at and have marinas. Good fishing off Quadra Island. From Alberta also and headed out in August for 3 weeks.
  5. Prairie Rattler

Off center boat seat pedestals?

I guess if I would have known they were going to do that I would have told them not to mount the posts and I would have added some floor support so they could be centered. Must be the OCD in me.
  6. Prairie Rattler

Off center boat seat pedestals?

So this has bothered me ever since I got my boat. For some reason they mounted the front seat pedestals off center and it's always looked goofy to me. When trying to swivel the seat it makes it a pain and the starboard seat ends up touching the steering wheel. I tend to think it would also be...
  7. Prairie Rattler

I like it when the carpet matches the cutains lol
  8. Prairie Rattler

4" grand slam. 28" leader from hoochie nose to swivel.
  9. Prairie Rattler

+1 on the Coho comment. Had my dad out fishing yesterday morning between the red buoy and the hump, bait everywhere, and couldn't even get the 2nd downrigger down before the other side had one on. 50' down at 530am then switched to 100' around 730am. Couldn't keep them off the line. Lost around...
  10. Prairie Rattler

Reverse lights on boat trailer

I didn't want to worry about submerging them with the trailer plug still in so I sealed it up tight!
  11. Prairie Rattler

Yes I did but i soldered them, used liquid electrical tape and covered them with double walled shrink tube. None of that crimp on junk.
  12. Prairie Rattler

trolling without a downrigger?

You can order the x-raps off rapala.ca in any color. Just a little pricey. I have a couple of the x-rap deeps that I plan on trying soon. Hopefully wont need any weight. https://rapala.ca/products/x-rap https://rapala.ca/products/x-rap-deep
  13. Prairie Rattler

2 reasons - people that can't see the tow vehicle know im backing up and usually when we pull in somewhere to camp overnight etc it's getting late, I'd rather have some decent reverse lights than rely on my brake lights to light up trees behind/around the trailer.
  14. Prairie Rattler

Just so everyone knows, reverse lights on a boat trailer... It can be done. I hardly found any info on it online but when I peeled back the wire wrap by the plug, there was a nice cut off yellow wire just waiting to be tied into. Extended the wire to the back and voila, and yes I made everything...
  15. Prairie Rattler

trolling without a downrigger?

Get your hands on an old Abe & Al flasher and put a hoochie or Grand Slam behind it as u would with a Hot Spot etc. They stay down on their own. If they surface ur going too slow or have weeds on. You'll get some hits from Coho especially in the early morning.
  16. Prairie Rattler

Evinrude G2 - My Initial Thoughts

x2 for the G2. All I did this spring was replace the fuel filter and fired right up on the driveway(sounds like a cammed out muscle car when out of the water). Glad your fishing trip went well. Can't wait till I get out.
  17. Prairie Rattler

Forum members BOATS

Just put it on any unpainted metal. It doesn't last too long on chrome or something highly polished tho. Don't put it on plastic either as it will lift and look terrible. You should be able to get it at any boat shop. I think u can check their website for distributors in your area if I'm not...
  18. Prairie Rattler

Scotty Downrigger Installation

I ran a hot wire from my accessory switch up front back to the battery to 2 x 40 amp automotive relays. Hooked up the relays to ground and direct battery power with a 30 amp(I think) fuse in between. Then have the hot downrigger wire to the relay and the negative direct to battery ground. All I...
  19. Prairie Rattler

Preliminary 2018 salmon outlook/Forecast/Management Measures

I tend to agree, if any salmon has made it back to the river, they should be left alone and protected so they can spawn. If we're not even allowing them to do that then it's a no brainer they will dissappear for good.
  20. Prairie Rattler

MR2LA VS MR3 help buying a new reel

Lol, remarkable how those levelwinds can keep up to a fish running at you. You can have your fly fishing reels lol.
Back