Search results

1. B

2019 Gulf Island Reports

We started a new group on Facebook, its Pender Island group and looking for new members! https://www.facebook.com/groups/383980282262426/
  2. B

Americans continue to Fish Pender Bluffs

Fair enough, we all know what would happen to a Canadian fishing illegally in US waters. We are ******* here that usually reward lawbreakers.
  3. B

They won't go there and the Americans know it , DFO is pretty useless. Yes a couple of hundred calls have been put in and recorded. Raincoast and DFO closed our fishing area just for political gain and the American's get to take our fish, brutal.
  4. B

Pender Island residents have repeatedly called for the past 3 weeks and not a single DFO boat has showed. One person was told yesterday that DFO was sending a plane lol I finally lost it out there and went into the closed zone and informed 6 US and 3 Canadian boats they were fishing in a closed...
  5. B

US boats continue to fish Pender Bluff area illegaly with no fear of getting caught.There is no one enforcing the rules and Americans are taking salmon at will. I saw one boat with 2 fish on and 5 other boats fishing all US.
  6. B

2019 Pender Bluffs

Tons of pinks, no springs.
  7. B

2019 Pender Bluffs

At Fairfax and dead so far. So many seals .
  8. B

DFO Meeting re Pender Bluffs Aug 13

Are you guys aware of the other meetings that have been held? Zero was accomplished for sport fishers. I’m not going to let DFO use me for their pr publicity crap. I said 2 years ago stop buying licences, boycott everything .
  9. B

DFO Meeting re Pender Bluffs Aug 13

Yup , complete waste of time . I’ll be tying up rigs while DFO feeds lies .
  10. B

2019 Pender Bluffs

Lets get a decent network of fishermen happening in the Gulf Islands area's that are open. We can save a ton of time and fuel working together, anyone interested in sharing text numbers etc. let me know.
  11. B

Upset about the Chinook Closures? What to do next?

SNC Lavalin pales in comparison to the corruption within DFO, If we ever needed a whistleblower it would be now.
  12. B

Important Chinook Information - Feedback Required

So we have people fishing catch and release out there now? I guess the seals are happy lol And of course there won’t be any poaching if DFO isn’t around which is always. What a mess
  13. B

The pipeline will increase tanker traffic 7 times and they need to remove the small vessels to meet noise requirements. You can have all the hatcheries and strong salmon returns will make no difference. While fishermen continue to pour money in by buying licenses , taking ferries, going to...
  14. B

They are simply paving the way for the pipeline, by getting rid of the recreational boats they can increase the tanker travel. The other bonus is pressure off fish farms for DFO to deal with. Alberta is going to get their way and we can't stop it , Trudeau bought a pipeline and will get it done .
  15. B

A year ago I said boycott, don't buy any fishing licenses or go fishing , crabbing, prawning etc. Leave your boat parked. That's the only way we would have got any attention but instead people play along and fisheries knows this. Have all the meetings and send all the emails letters etc. but...
  16. B

Looking for aluminum boat for salt

Soon to be selling my 2101 Seaswirl and looking to get about 17 foot aluminum for salt water use. If anyone is selling or has suggestion on new? Be nice to have steering and about 90 hp capable.
  17. B

Canvas top maker

No , I have only spoken to 3 supposed to be boat top people in Pender Island area but they don't feel they have the expertise to do the job. Thanks for the referral I will call them.
  18. B

Canvas top maker

Going to sell boat and need to replace the canvas. So far have not had any luck finding someone capable. Someone in Victoria would work best , anyone here know of any good places?
Back