Search results

1. baddogg

Attaching .mp4 video

Is it possible? If so, how? Thanks
  2. baddogg

Missing Nanaimo Boater

https://bc-cb.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=876&languageId=1&contentId=82124&fbclid=IwAR0wDbR0ngHANWLbcezWrx6u3bcQHtzyvZ8-mvgMtUdAqTmJCR-hV_K4Pp4
  3. baddogg

Brake Flushing Kit

I just put all new backing plates and drums on my boat trailer. I'm looking to install a flush kit to help minimize salt corrosion. Does anyone have any suggestions where to purchase one? Located in Nanaimo but will buy online if necessary. Thanks in advance.
  4. baddogg

Found Engine Cowling

Found an engine cowling on the Inland Island Highway, SB lanes, between Horne Lake turnoff and QB turnoff. If you are missing one let me know. It’s a bit beat up but fixable and usable.
  5. baddogg

Electric Driveway Gate Installation Wiring Question

Reaching out to those with superior electrical knowledge than me, preferably electricians. I am installing an electric gate at the end of our driveway. It is approximately 100 meters away from a power source. I have been told that it will possibly require 8 AWG wire because of the length of the...
  6. baddogg

What Is This Fish?

A buddy found this fish walking his dog along French Creek today.
  7. baddogg

Kevin Lench-MyEscape passes

Sorry to inform those that knew him, Kevin has passed away in the Philippines. He worked summers at one of the lodges and wintered in the Phillipines. When COVID first hit he was unable to return to Canada and became very ill, not COVID related. He spent months in the hospital as his son tried...
  8. baddogg

Quest for Fraser Sockeye, Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

Actually boats, taxies, planes and ferries would be more like it. I have been holding back on telling this story. Partly because it is quite a long one and partly because of embarrassment. A buddy of mine, who I will not name owned a very nice 26 foot Century boat. It was a great fishing...
  9. baddogg

MyEscape (Kevin Lench) in a bad way

Some of you may recall Kevin from years past. I believe he was actually a moderator on here for awhile. He worked at Daigle Marine in Campbell River for a bit. He most recently worked seasonly at one of the fishing lodges and travelled to the Phillipines for the winter. He was a mainstay in the...
  10. baddogg

Scale Saver Net Bag

I am looking to replace my Scotty net bag with a scale saver mesh. I'm not able to find anything online that is suitable. If I have to replace the entire net then I will do that as well. Can't find the complete net either. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks
  11. baddogg

Commercial Downrigger Cable (FS) Stainless Steel

I have had this spool of cable for about 20 years. It's time for it to go. It was originally 5400 feet. Not sure what is left on it but likely somewhere around 3000 feet. I contacted PNT and they said they sell 5400 feet for over $1,000. I was shocked. I'm not sure what to ask for it. If you...
  12. baddogg

New Motor Decision

I have decided to upgrade the motors on my 1998 Campion 542. I have sold my kicker and main already. I am going with Mercury motors. Electric start and power trim for the kicker. I have yet to decide on the size of the main. The previous motor was a 2 stroke 115 which moved the boat along very...
  13. baddogg

Looking for help pricing a motor.

Seasons Greeting all. I am upgrading my motors and will be selling a 1999 Mercury 9.9 kicker with prop guard. Excellent condition. Runs perfectly. Tiller and long shaft. Going to electric start and power lift. Wondering if anyone has sold something similar and what is a fair price. Cheers
  14. baddogg

Prawn Traps for Sale in Nanaimo. Round. 3 @ $50 each

. Lightly used, just taking up space. Need a new home.
  15. baddogg

Can't post a thread in Buy and Sell

I cant post a thread with or without pictures. It posts it then says Access Forbidden. Any ideas. It actually says FORBIDDEN You don't have access to this resource I also cannot delete the 3 I posted. So much fun
  16. baddogg

Problem Displaying Photos on iMac

Calling on any computer tech types out there. I've had an ongoing issue displaying photos on my Mac. I can see them when posted but if I click on them they show up as a large black box. It happens on this site, Amazon and Facebook. Probably on others as well. My IOS is up to date, 10.13.6 Any...
  17. baddogg

Campion 542 Net Storage

I have a 1998 Campion Explorer 542. I'm looking for ideas on how to store my net while fishing. I have a Scotty net which has a fairly sizeable cap on the butt end. Any suggestions would be appreciated, pics even better. Thanks
  18. baddogg

FS/ in NANAIMO, Trac Lite 1000 electric boat winch (SOLD)

As stated above. It came on my trailer when I bought it. I've never used it but did test it. Works fine. See attached link for description. https://www.wholesalemarine.com/trac-10000lb-lite-cruiser-electric-trailer-winch/ $100.00 Tried to upload pictures but no luck. Has remote, wireless remote...
  19. baddogg

Nanaimo to Vancouver for Sox

It appears the winds are going to be favourable over the next few days. I have made the run across before for Sox in 2014. Would appreciate some suggestions on where to head for this years fish. I have been reading the Vancouver Fishing reports daily but would be open to suggestions on where to...
Back