Search results

1. Elton "Roy" Hyland

Fuel Burn

Thanks Aussie, The weight of my boat ( 22' RH Pro Cuddy ) is approx. 6000lbs wet. The burn rates listed are definitely in the ball park. My guage on the 200HP shows about 18.4 + or - at full throttle. The 9.9 Yammie pushes the boat while trolling at a very low RPM so my burn could probably be...
  2. Elton "Roy" Hyland

Fuel Burn

Yes, there is a HUGE difference when I haven't firewalled the throttle. I monitor the fuel flow on the 200 and when cruising, like to stay below 10 GPH. I can get there almost as quick PLUS I usually let a veteran steer while I finish rigging lines. They love to steer.
  3. Elton "Roy" Hyland

Fuel Burn

Good Idea! Thanks
  4. Elton "Roy" Hyland

Fuel Burn

Then 200 and the 9.9 are both tied into the main tank. At full throttle the main 200 burns 18.5 GPH. I realize the kicker consumes very little but it might be of benefit one day if I am stuck offshore and need to motor in. That happened in my buddies boat out of Neah Bay.
  5. Elton "Roy" Hyland

Fuel Burn

OK I guess I now need to figure out that RPM when I troll. Its almost at idle.
  6. Elton "Roy" Hyland

Fuel Burn

I have a 200HP Yamaha on the back of my 22 Pro Cuddy (RH BOATS). I know what the fuel burn on that motor is but I also have a Yamaha 9.9 LS Kicker. Is there a cheap way to figure fuel burn on this motor?
  7. Elton "Roy" Hyland

Boating For Heroes Offering Free Fishing to the Military.

I've added another blog that I want to post to other sites. Please let me know what you think or what corrections need made. Stepping Up To The Plate: This can mean anything from playing ball to eating your favorite buffet. For this article we will use it to describe a group of our nations...
  8. Elton "Roy" Hyland

Hi PL. This isn't limited to active military. It is open to ALL those who served or continue to serve, their familes etc. We have 13 boats, one of which is a 26ft RH BOATS Pro Cuddy that has an opening side gunwale that allows us to load wheel chairs directly onto the deck. We also use adaptive...
  9. Elton "Roy" Hyland

Questions on fishing BC

OK. I am having to look at a map due to my inexperience with the area. All these town names are Greek to me. hehe
  10. Elton "Roy" Hyland

A small blog for those wanting to purchase a boat.

Should I should clarify I guess. Hehe. I mean motors, trailers and other gear
  11. Elton "Roy" Hyland

Boating For Heroes www.boatingforheroes.org Greetings, While this is a site centering on fishing in awesome BC, I wanted to toss this out there. I'm part of an organization called Boating For Heroes. We fish primarily in the Puget Sound due to the proximity of multiple military bases in the...
  12. Elton "Roy" Hyland

Its a small HEATER BUDDY I pocked up at Cabelas. Works on small propane tank and heats the cabin up in aboit 60 seconds. Hehe. Works great.
  13. Elton "Roy" Hyland

Good points indeed. We all know that having snappy looking gear means nothing if you don’t know how to use it. There a definitely two diffeant categories with pros and cons. Fiberglass and Aluminum and a trade off for each. While I have slept in my friends fiberglass boat, i have yet to spend...
  14. Elton "Roy" Hyland

Questions on fishing BC

Awesome... thx
  15. Elton "Roy" Hyland

Questions on fishing BC

OK I had heard from somewhere that you needed to go ashore to buy the license. Maybe I heard wrong
  16. Elton "Roy" Hyland

Questions on fishing BC

Yeah, you can always count on the wind kicking up in the afternoon thru the straight.
  17. Elton "Roy" Hyland

Greetings all, I have two friends who are looking at #1 purchasing a new boat and #2, upgrading the one he has. There are also folks out there wanting information in regards to purchases etc. I wanted to post what I had written here to get your take on its content, maybe add, change or subtract...
  18. Elton "Roy" Hyland

Questions on fishing BC

Thanks PAGUY. Sounds like your boat is about the same caliber as mine. I also run a 200HP Yammy. I assume you can get licenses in both those places?
  19. Elton "Roy" Hyland

Questions on fishing BC

I spent most of my time in 11 as we launch at Point Defiance. It is an easy spot to load active duty and veterans. I went into 13 a few times and tried jigging, trolling etc in the “go to” spots but it was always slow. Never saw a boat knocking the snot out if anything but it seems that jigging...
  20. Elton "Roy" Hyland

Ace line hauler question

I did see youtube vids of this but the ones I saw weren't really clear on how it worked. Also looks like everyone uses leaded line which is what I have.
Back