Search results

1. outbeen

23? 24? Foot Tolman Skiff Build - Nanaimo

Hey All Have started work about a month ago on a 23 foot Tolman Jumbo. Started with 30 gallons of epoxy, a bunch of rolls if glass/biax, an and a kit from Westcoast boatworks. At this point in the project I have cut the stringers, built the bottom and built the transom. Most of my tools have...
  2. outbeen

New Chartplotter/Sounder

My chartplotter (Lowrance Elite 7 Chirp) sounder appears to have kicked the bucket this weekend so im in the market for a new combo unit. My initial reaction is to go away from Lowrance as I found the unit was nothing but problems from randomly losing bottom, reporting incorrect...
  3. outbeen

Regulations Unclear Regarding Chinook Retention

Has anyone heard directly from DFO when the closures take effect? There have been no official fishery notices. I have seen some vague diagrams and a press release that referred to dates 2 weeks in the past. This seems really sloppy to me. Has anyone heard whats going on inside DFO, or...
  4. outbeen

What hobbies will you be taking on now that the era of recreational fishing is coming to an end?

As the title states, what are you going to do to replace recreational fishing as a hobby? So far im thinking golf, diving (though this may be too much of a tease) and maybe video games.
Back