Search results

1. outbeen

Sport Fishing Advisory Committee Area 17 - Spring Meeting (Thursday Feb 15 at 700pm)

Went to the meeting last night. Really good information from DFO, guides and other concerned anglers. Highly recommend!
  2. outbeen

23? 24? Foot Tolman Skiff Build - Nanaimo

Mad gains on the build last night. Had the big crew come and help fillet, and tape the chines, bow, sides and transom then set all the glass in epoxy over the entire hull in a single session. About 300 square feet of glass + 120 feet of tape over all the joints. Just finished first flood coat...
  3. outbeen

Bottom side basically built now. Final shaping and fairing for port side tomorrow. Got a big crew coming Saturday going to attempt to epoxy/glass the entire thing wet on wet in one session.
  4. outbeen

More weekend progress. Front portside panels dry fit. I'm applying the glass/epoxy to the inside of the panels on a horizontal surface because its way easier. Portside should be fully attached at some point tomorrow night. Have been messing with the temp laser, can measure 1-3 degree...
  5. outbeen

I met cracked_ribs by random chance at work once. I recognized him from the article in the paper about his boat. Great guy!
  6. outbeen

Is trailering a boat from the north side of Victoria to Port Hardy and motoring to Rivers Inlet in one day realistic

A truly terrifying piece of water with bad wind / tide, but with 10 days you have reasonable probability of a weather window. Lots of good fishing between Hardy/Rivers if you are blown out a few days.
  7. outbeen

Well after about 15 months off the project to manage some of my personal affairs the boat build is BACK! With the help of a bunch of friends and family, I am now cruising along again. So far have applied about 7,5 gallons of epoxy and have a couple hundred man-hours into the job and it is...
  8. outbeen

What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

attached bottom panels to stringers, doubled up front bottom.
  9. outbeen

2023 Nanaimo Reports

Jigging was great today and last night. Got chinook jigging in under 20 feet of water and jigged cohos from 200. Lil nib in shallow and 8oz chartreuse Shimano butterfly for the cohos down deep. Had the kids out and got a great whale show.
  10. outbeen

2023 Nanaimo Reports

Fantastic fish!
  11. outbeen

2023 Nanaimo Reports

We picked up a 75cm last night dragging the bottom right in front of pipers. 137 feet of wire out in 120 feet of water on green hoochie. With regards to jigging, I haven't seen the density of bait that I look for the last few times I have been out.
  12. outbeen

2023 Nanaimo Reports

Should be interesting to see how the new passenger ferry does in this.
  13. outbeen

2023 Nanaimo Reports

Did quick evening fishes from 730-900pm Monday and Wednesday night. Fished from Clark Rock to Neckpoint. No keepers in the box.
  14. outbeen

Dropping another persons fish off at processor

How do you guys get so many fish? Im usually lucky to get my daily quota LOL.
  15. outbeen

2023 Nanaimo Reports

Fantastic fish!
  16. outbeen

2023 Nanaimo Reports

Awesome fish!
  17. outbeen

2023 Nanaimo Reports

Fished night bite from 730pm to dark with my dad who is visiting from our of town. Jigging only produced shakers so we switched to trolling. Green / blue hoochies at 41 feet did damage. Missed a few good ones. Ended up with a big hatch coho and ripe 78cm chinook 🤙🤙
  18. outbeen

2023 Nanaimo Reports

Nice fish. I agree there seem to be way less bait. We did one pass tonight before the wind kicked up. Got a 77cm marble in front of pipers at 165ft on rigger in 140 feet of water. Green hoochie / green flasher 38" leader at 3mph
  19. outbeen

2023 Nanaimo Reports

Jigging was slow last night for my boat. Got into a fish on each drift for the first few passes then nothing. Went home with a hatch coho to throw on the BBQ tonight and a limit of good times.
  20. outbeen

Ling Jigs - Power Paddle/ Megabite

The red one always kills
Back