Search results

1. S

Howe Sound alternatives to chinook?

I've lived on Gambier Island for 4 years now and have had good luck prawning and crabbing. When the pinks run, I usually head out for a few trips to the mouths of various creeks and manage to bring a few fish home. Over the past few years I've picked a few calm days and tossed my manual...
  2. S

Transducer location question

Finally about to install my new fishfinder (Elite 7 Ti2 HDI) and transducer. My boat is an Alumaweld Blackhawk so it has the extended transom (Alumadrive?). I've read lots of tips and tricks about transducer placement to avoid prop wash, about install height, about avoiding areas of...
  3. S

Time for a new fishfinder

Hi All. My 13-year-old Lowrance elite 5 finally kicked the bucket. Not sure if it is the transducer or the unit itself, but it only picks up depths 5% of the time. I'm ready for a new unit. I currently use my boat for prawning 90% of the time and fishing 10%. Now that I live on Gambier...
  4. S

Kayak Trolling on Kootenay Lake?

Hi All, I just made a temporary move from the coast to Nelson, BC from September to July. I brought my Alumaweld Blackhawk and my fishing kayak with me. I was lucky enough to score a lakefront rental about 6 miles from Nelson towards Balfour. I have committed myself to paddling for an hour...
Back