Search results

1. donovan

Iso Alpha 1 gen 1 trim rams

My trim rams have seized and am looking for a good used set. Alpha 1 gen 1 port and starboard. Mine are rebuildable and am waiting on new seal kits but thought maybe someone has a set so i can get on the water a few days earlier. The closer to Victoria the better. Thanks for taking the time to...
  2. donovan

ISO 8hp high thrust yamaha

Looking for a decent xl 8 hp high thrust yamaha. Either tiller or remote will work. Rather tiller though. Around 2006 would be perfect as I already have one of that year, but someone decided they needed my carburetor and linkage more than I do Thanks in advance
  3. donovan

South Island Lakes 2020

Went out to elk a few days ago, fished from 730 until dark. Was using a floating line with 8 foot leader and a black with red sparkle, gold bead headed micro leach. I was out front of hamsterly beach and got 4 nice rainbow and one about 12 inches. I'd post some pics, but apparently they're to...
  4. donovan

2018 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

On another note... how's the fishing?
  5. donovan

Sockeye in Oak Bay?

I caught them with spinning gear while anchored at border 4 years ago. They were the hitting the cut plugs herring we were using for halis, right beside the boat. So we brought out the spinning gear. I think we had 8 rods over the side between hali and salmon. Was a very fun shitshow
  6. donovan

2018 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Since nobody is updating figured I'd giver a go. Trolled around in tribune bay for a couple days in the afternoons on Wednesday and Thursday. Found a pretty good area in 200 feet that seemed to be holding bait, so worked it hard and gad very good success. Got 9 keeper springs to the boat and...
  7. donovan

2007 mercury 9.9hp fourstoke

Is it am xl shaft or electric start and how easy is it to start? Thanks
  8. donovan

2017 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

https://m.facebook.com/frenchcreekstore/
  9. donovan

Kicker brackets

I'm interested in one of your transom mount brackets. Are you on the island?
  10. donovan

Repowering 1995 24 foot WA Trophy?

I've got a 91 trophy walkaround with a 2003 yam f225 on it. It gets pretty good fuel economy for a large boat. I'm not sure of the actual numbers but I use about 40 bucks to got 20 miles. I've got a friend with the same boat and he's got an 225 etec on his. The boat definitely likes that motor...
  11. donovan

Victoria Reports 2015

Fished Border Bank today. Got a couple halis there. Only one dog. My buddy was out yesterday at the border as well. He got 2 halis and no dogs. Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
  12. donovan

Wanted 1 ton truck

So where are we taking it then Don? Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
  13. donovan

What would be involved in transplanting a 4.3EFI from an automobile into a boat?

Pretty sure the marine 4.3 is a reverse rotation than most autos. The 4.3 in the awd astro would be the only one that would be easy, as it's reverse rotation. Good luck finding a good condition one of those though.
  14. donovan

Trophy xl custom mooching rod

Just like the title says. Trophy xl custom series 11' med./heavy mooching rod. Line weight 15-25 pounds. Model number tcs5110mhc. Brand new. Still has the plastic on it. I like my Fenwick better, but won this in a derby recently. Would probably trade for a 10.5 hmx. Not really sure what this...
  15. donovan

Victoria Reports 2015

Went out early today for some halis. Got into a few at the border. All on white hootchies, with octopus.....and 6 types of scents...yup 6. Anyways...my boat stinks. That stink bait stuff from trotac is disgusting. Thanks alot Chris. I guess it works though.
  16. donovan

Victoria Reports 2015

Was at border the last 2 days. We got a 59, 40, 20 and 18. All on octopus. The 59 was good for 9th place in the derby and a new trophy mooching combo! Sweet!
  17. donovan

The 18th Annual Just for the Halibut Derby

My boat got into 3 this morning. Anybody know what the top 5 are?
  18. donovan

I've used goo gone before. It worked pretty well. Today I tried a product from can tire called gasket remover. It's a spray on type that's not really meant for removing sticker glue but it worked better than anything I've ever seen. I sprayed it on and 5 seconds later was able to completely...
  19. donovan

Victoria Reports 2015

Went out on sunday for some Hali action. We fished in 310 or so feet off William head. We got 1 Hali around 30 ish. 2 rat fish and 1, 10 pound pacific cod. Hali was caught on herring and salmon. Only Hali hit all day. Nice enough day though.
  20. donovan

is barotrauma keeping you up?

Crabs suffer from barotrauma? I didn't know that. You learn something new everyday.
Back