Search results

1. H

Drain plug for aluminum boat

I have a silver streak boat that comes with a plastic plug that’s threaded into back of my pod. I was wondering if anyone with a aluminum boat has the same type of plug. I have already broken 2 plugs inside probably due to my own fault and had to cut them out damaging the soft aluminum threads...
  2. H

Crabs not that meaty!

Lately the crabs I’ve been getting don’t have a lot of meat in them, especially the legs. Is it the time of year, has anyone else noticed this? Crabbing in Sidney.
  3. H

Marine Mechanic shops in Victoria.

Hi I’m looking for a good shop for basic service in town. I called SG and they aren’t taking any due to their mechanics are both on extended leave due to medical issues. I did call Sherwood they are booked until mid April and need the boat for a week after. Has anyone got any other suggestions...
  4. H

Killarney Lake

Went for a hike around the lake and wondering if there are fish there.
  5. H

Cleaning non- skid on aluminum deck

My grey non skid on my Silver Streak is getting stained, and I was wondering what you would recommend to clean it up a bit. I have used hot water and soap with a brush but that’s not doing the job.
  6. H

Leader length for sandlance spoon.

Hi everyone I just bought a couple of AP sandlance spoons that everyone here talks about. New to fishing in the Sidney area and am looking to try out these new spoons, just wondering what leader length you would recommend . Thanks.
  7. H

Silver Streak or Thunder Jet

I am looking to trade my 17ft. Double Eagle for either a 18ft. SS or a 18.5 Thunder Jet. I'm looking at the 18 Carmanah or the 18.5 Thunder Jet. Most of my fishing is in the Ucluelet area in the summer and would also be using the boat in the Victoria area the rest of the year. Price wise the SS...
Back