Search results

1. Instigator

Sold - Pancake Downrigger Balls - 14lbs

14 lbs pancake downrigger balls for sale $40 each or take all 6 for $200. Prefer to sell them as a lot. They were purchased from Barry's Bait and tackle. Located in Victoria
  2. Instigator

Boat and Fishing Show dates?

We will be bringing down the family to the Seattle boat show from Victoria for a quick family vacation. Planning to look at boats that’ll accommodate the whole family (4 children) for fishing adventures as we’ve outgrown our current boat. Sharphooks, really excited to see the Sea Sport Commander...
  3. Instigator

Pending child ruined my Rivers Trip in August. Other options?

A great spot for tyee class Chinook and Halibut is Cape Condom on the Northern Tip of the Island. Just around the corner of Point Pull Out. Good luck with your fishing trip and hopefully you don’t have a line in the water when the water breaks or you’ll be sunk.
  4. Instigator

2022 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

It's probably best not to anchor in that area for safety reasons as you are likely in the shipping lane. The yellow can is a cautionary buoy. Freighters transition through that area often. Cheers.
  5. Instigator

Best Music Covers

The Band - Atlantic City. Originally done by Bruce Springsteen.
  6. Instigator

Seattle Boat Show 2021 Goes Online

Seattle Boat Show 2021 Goes Online - Seattle Boat Show I've attended the Seattle boat show a couple times and it was a great family trip. The show will be available this year in a digital format.
  7. Instigator

Boston Whaler Vantage 230

Picture of the elevated bow cover
  8. Instigator

Boston Whaler Vantage 230

We have an 20ft open bow trophy and it's been a versatile, family friendly boat. We've owned it for 20+ years and use it predominately for fishing out of Sooke/Victoria but have done many trips with it out of Bamfield and out to the banks. We've also taken it to Shuswap and Skaha lake for...
  9. Instigator

Skagit orca vs osprey vs seasport vs hourston

Congrats on your boat decision! I'm sure you'll love the extra space the 26 hourston offers.
  10. Instigator

Vacuum Sealer Recommendations

We have the VacMaster VP215 and purchased it based on the reviews from members. It's been fantastic for us and we use it primarily for fish, bulk meat purchases and sous vide cooking. We store our unit in the garage on a stainless cart (Costco). Having it on the cart gives us way more...
  11. Instigator

I'm sure he's in the market for a Commander now. ;)
  12. Instigator

Any luck with your boat decision? I'm looking to upsize from our current boat due to our growing family ( 3 children ages 4, 2 and 1month old) and have been researching these boats as well. I'm leaning towards the Osprey 24' fisherman due to the tall gunwales and spacious dance floor. Most of...
  13. Instigator

Grady White 208 value?

I’m sure if you contacted a local dealership they would be able to give you the market value on a used early 2000 Grady White 208. Good luck on your market research.
  14. Instigator

Aquaculture; improving????

Interesting article and hopefully more to come with groups having a common interest of improving and restoring our fishery with a collective effort. https://www.vicnews.com/news/unprecedented-coalition-demands-end-to-b-c-salmon-farms/
  15. Instigator

Petition to the Minister of Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard

https://www.vicnews.com/news/anger-growing-among-b-c-salmon-anglers-shut-out-of-public-fishery/ Nice to see some press about the petition.
  16. Instigator

Petition to the Minister of Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard

Just a thought after a night cap. Is it possible for sports fisherman to work with environmentalist groups to find common ground? Improve salmon spawning habitat? Reduce industrial pollution in rivers? After all David Suzuki eats chinook salmon...
  17. Instigator

Ottawa Says No Fish For You

That’s tough news to swallow and definitely takes the excitement out of summer fishing plans. I don’t understand why they don’t reduce the annual quota rather than creating a slot limit for when retention is permitted. In my experience volunteering at a hatchery, the length of fish was not...
  18. Instigator

Herring - Squamish Streamkeepers

I don't know of any herring work on the gorge/Victoria and enquired with the group behind the video. If there is, it would be great to know and stand behind and if not then something to aim for.
Back