Search results

1. A

Fishermen. Tune into the Leaders debate this evening.

Here is a subtle heads up people. The pipe line has been approved and gone through before you even knew it was going to happen. I am a petroleum engineer and work contract for many large companies including Shell Canada, who is one of the biggest investors in the northern pipeline off the books...
  2. A

Fishermen. Tune into the Leaders debate this evening.

Unfortunately you are missing one key factor in that evaluation.. We also pay more for fuel than anywhere else in Canada. That is why there is a decrease if in reality any at all. The biggest issue with any of the research represented nowadays is that they never include all the variables, and...
  3. A

2012 Vancouver, Howe sound and Sunshine coast reports thread

Hey all, glad to hear the fish are coming in somewhat steady! I am new to the area and recently moved out from the island to Coquitlam so I have no idea what markers or area's you fish. I am heading off to the mouth of the Cap today and going to try my luck wading through the little shakers. If...
  4. A

Sooke Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

x2 I always use 2/0 or better yet 1/0 for springs to keep the buggers on the line. The longer you play the fish the bigger the hole gets in the fish, so you need a deep elbow on the hook to keep it from slipping out. Mike
  5. A

Heading out to feed all my bait to the sockeye and pinks, it sounds like. Good luck out there gents! I will be on 68 on and off throughout the day. Mike
  6. A

Nice fish there Dirty! I will be out there tomorrow also. Good Luck out there gents! Mike
  7. A

Infectious salmon disease would spell big trouble

This is aweful news guys. I was totally unaware and now even more vengeful, and spiteful when it comes to the damn fish farmers. There really is no reason to not have them on inland processing plants as opposed to wreaking havoc on the environment. Sadly that contaminated water will have to go...
  8. A

Wind was ugly today but I stuck it out for 6 hours and it paid off. 4 springs, a ton of pinks and 3 coho all in beechy bay. 25 to 45 feet down in 90 to 130 feet of water. I will be out there again tomorrow late morning if anyones about. Hopefully the wind is a little better! And yes I get to...
  9. A

Damn Nice Work Englishman! Its always good to get the first one out of the way! Im taking a few friends out tomorrow if anyones out. Will be running the gear so there will be noobs at the helm, so be alert of the out of control 27 monaro haha. I will have the ears on channel 68 by 9:30am...
  10. A

Its so damn basic its sickening. I am so tired of the stupidity I still have to endure out there by old timers and weekenders alike. On a brighter note, we had fun following Sammyslammer into the fish today! We landed a dozen in no time sadly just coho and pinks, but still alot of fun for the...
  11. A

Was out again, boated 16 with some guests for fun. 30 to 40 feet on the downrigger running chovies and got a mixed bag of goodies going against the tide all day. I will be out tomorrow again starting off at possesion point and working back to beechy. Channel 68 till the chatter gets to much...
  12. A

Crazy time of year to fish! At least I was catching today! Few springs, coho and pinks all at 30 to 40 feet today. Was a great day and fished myself out of bait, if you get a chance get out there and have fun! Mike
  13. A

Im trying to talk the misses into coming out with me tomorrow, but we will see. I wouldnt be hitting the water till 10 sadly though. I will be on channel if you guys are out. Mike
  14. A

First Nations Sign Deal with DFO to Sell Sockeye

Has the poaching issue really got worse lately? Or is it more that we all are starting to pay a little more attention to our fisheries due to regulation changes, etc?
  15. A

I'm a go fishing and leave this dog here to roast.......

Just be careful! I had a cop years ago drill me with one as I was the biggest guy in the crowd watching two idiots who just started to scuffle.... He was more shocked than I was when I reacted, needless to say it was a long night in the drunk tank for a sober angry me and some embarrasing...
  16. A

Anchovies and Teasers

Alot of good advice here. To add, after years of doing this I go with the best set ups whether fishing for little coho or monster springs. I always use barbless gamys for two reasons. They are by far the best hook on the market, and will never straighten, as well as you don't compromise the...
  17. A

We seem to have branched into new ground here. Sports selling there catch is questionable, but at the end of the day, with such limited retention what's to their gain?
  18. A

It's the old saying, knowledge is power, and they have been abusing a system through grey areas for years now. As they get more and more educated members of there bands, they find loopholes to work the system. And sadly they pull the discrimination card to do it. There needs to be a point where...
  19. A

That is finally something decent to hear in this post! I have been biting my tongue about this matter and will keep doing so as far as my personal prejudice goes with the alberni ditch sellers. Buts it's extremely positive to hear of someone taking action on other serious offenders. These...
  20. A

Sounds good! I will give you a shout when I hit Beechy. Mike
Back