Search results

1. O

Another Boat Cruising The Rocks Jigging Off Bowen

My experience in calling ORR was that I spoke with a Fisheries Officer directly, and that Officer was the one that conducted the investigation. Last March I called ORR to report a landowner's habitat destruction (streamside logging/vegetation clearing) along a salmon bearing stream in the...
  2. O

Okanagan sockeye 2022

Thanks BGM. I had a look at their website and see no indication that the OFN has any governance over US Columbia River recreational sockeye openings . Or do they?
  3. O

Okanagan sockeye 2022

In a recent Northwest Fishing Reports fishing TV episode they were fishing for sockeye (primarily Canada-bound fish) in the Columbia River below the Brewster Dam. Admittedly, I wasn't aware that this US fishery existed. I knew that there were terminal fisheries in US lakes for sockeye (i.e...
  4. O

Free: crab/prawn trap float

Found this on the beach too. The owner didn't get back to me when I contacted him. Homemade float, Bottom leg is filled with lead so it floats upright. Pretty skookum unit but I have no use for it. Yours for the taking. Located in Surrey/Fleetwood
  5. O

Free: lid for Scotty bait container

Found this when I was picking up beach trash. Thought someone here may want it as a spare or a replacement. Located in Surrey/Fleetwood
  6. O

Tahsis fishing: Leiner or Tahsis rivers

Two buddies and I are doing some guided fishing out of Tahsis in early August and are interested (if we have have enough energy!) to do some shore trout fishing in the evenings. None of us have been to Tahsis before but I would expect there to be some sea run cutthroat off the nearby beaches...
  7. O

Attn Tofitians: or Tofino-ites

Sobo has a very nice smoked salmon chowder. Tofino Brewing's Blonde Ale is excellent Do takeout and enjoy both together!
  8. O

2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Also, at Garry Point Park in Steveston off the various points of land in between the "scalloped" beaches. Although the rip rap on the points can be tricky, and only a handful of anglers can fish each point.
  9. O

Tell Your Best Joke

I had to read this 3 or 4 times, over a couple of sittings, before it finally sunk in!
  10. O

What are you getting the wife for Xmas??

Your gift giving skills are superb! To use stuffed animals to give jewelry is creative and fun, but the gifts of the cartoon and the studio are top level creative. You're right, you are a good listener and thoughtful and creative too. Props brother. Keep up loving your woman.
  11. O

Capilano river BC Canada

There is FN lands overlay for Google maps https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/data-canada-lands-surveys/11092#CLGoogleEarth I have used in in the past for other FN lands, but to be honest I'm having a little trouble with the interpretation of the Capilano Reserve area. A good resource, at any rate
  12. O

Any one catching smelt around Vancouver?

No doubt the glory days of smelt are behind. I grew up in Ontario and dipnetting for rainbow smelt was a rite of spring, Garbage bags of fish were the norm.
  13. O

Any one catching smelt around Vancouver?

I fish for smelt in the LM but not in Vancouver. Haven't been out this year, and I just went once last year, but on that one outing for 1-2 hours (Aug 22) I got ~100 smelt, including 60 in one set. Over the past couple years, I haven't seen a noticeable decline, but then again I've only be...
  14. O

Sea-Run Cutties

Good reminder. I forgot about those. I have fished them in the past with good results.
  15. O

Sea-Run Cutties

As mentioned, I fish spoons in the 1/8 or 1/6 oz size. I will go up to 1/4 if it's windy and I need to cut the wind but my preference is to go small and relatively light. For two decades, my spoon of choice has been the Gibbs Ultra. They stopped producing the Ultra several years ago but I...
  16. O

Sea-Run Cutties

I've only fished sea run ct up-island in your neck of the woods once. Aug 17, 1997 to be exact. Family reunion at Mount Washington and I snuck away one evening. Hooked 4 ct, landed 2; a wild and a clipped, both around 13-14". Been hankering to get back ever since. I don't flyfish for sea run...
  17. O

FS: 1 piece halibut rod

For Sale One piece Pacific Witch Halibut Graphite Composite 6' 6" in length 30-100 lb line $45 Used once.
  18. O

Tips For Bringing Little Ones Out

Didn't have a boat, but when I took my two sons shore fishing I made sure I had three key items: 1) snacks 2) toys 3) change of dry clothes
  19. O

Vedder Steelheading

Fair enough on a fishing forum, but not something I want to hear if you are my attending physician :)
  20. O

Launch and Park pass at Crescent Beach Marina?

FWIW, there is a free boat launch at Wards Marina at the Stewart Farmhouse about a mile upstream.
Back