Search results

1. G

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Did anyone read thru the latest updates from DFO. Came out this morning . Something that caught my eye Limited commercial fisheries in Area 29 directed at Fraser Pink Salmon, with non-retention of Sockeye, are open. Please refer to the most recent Fishery Notice for specific open times and...
  2. G

Lemonlime flasher with a pink squirt. Smaller pink hootchie with the white head. 60-70. Was my steady go to. Hits every 5 mins or less. Good luck
  3. G

For anyone wanting some calm water to enjoy fishing try Sunset-Horshebay. We decided not the brave the swells and fished this area. Not disappointed. 12 coho to the boat but all wild. As many lost. 5 Chinook all under and steady pinks all day. Limited on pinks. Enjoyable when you don't have...
  4. G

Story about poachers. There were 3 prawn traps around the area we were trolling (HITW ). Eventually a big boat with 6 guys pulls up and cleans out the traps. They then parked near the shore and were enjoying the day (maybe even the prawns). So a hour goes by we are near a trap and a 16ft...
  5. G

We tried to get to Cowan from Howe Sound way and it just wasn't worth it. Too uncomfortable trolling in that slop. Turned around to troll HITW till maybe it died down. We were into steady hits from 9-2. So never left. Tagged 10 and lost as many so happy to had given it a shot. All nooks...
  6. G

Where is that. Heading out right now
  7. G

There will always be a bad apple in every bunch. There are also that do report year after year. Even if DFO didn't care it's ammunition we can continue to push. Never give up
  8. G

Epic day tagging. Fished 28-2 Sunset to Horseshoe Bay. Recorded 8 samples 5 being 62-68 cm. 3 hatch and 5 wilds. Lost as many. Saw another 3 boats catching as well. If you are on this forum please share your counts. Determing the the origins of these fish will lend more support and proof of a...
  9. G

My fishing report for the week. Started Friday 3:30 - 5:30. Tagged a 62 cm hatch Chinook. Saturday 11-1:30 one hatch 60 cm and one wild 63 cm. Sunday waiting for a break from the monsoon. Started 1:30 and stopped at 3:30 when the next storm blew in. 10 mins into fishing and a double header...
  10. G

Fishing HITW for the avid Angler Program. Three tagged. 58, 60, and 66 cm. One a hatch. Four shakers not measured. Nice flat water finally.
  11. G

There was plenty if time to properly prepare announcements now versus further announcements. No reason for a delay. Looks like just a repetition of last year. Sad 😔
  12. G

2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Started at n arm and got into 2 wild coho then decided to troll to T10. Halfway there came into a school of bait so thick all 4 lines on the rods shook. A first for me. Bait everywhere to T10 and not one hit unfortunately. Ended the day at the cap watching a few nets out. But not for me. Still...
  13. G

Anyone having any luck at T10? Or anything out around that area? Looks like all the reports are SH.
  14. G

Depends where you plan to launch. It's blowing thru Howe Sound and Whitecaps. If you launch at Sunset or Horseshoe then it will be a very lumpy ride till you get around Pt Atkinson where the water will be flat. Launch in n van and it will be an easier ride.
  15. G

Pink squirts were my best go to 4 yrs ago.
  16. G

Fun day at the cap. 2x 15 lb nooks 1 hatch coho, 1 wild coho returned. 3more lost.
  17. G

It was an epic day. Swells and wind gusts were massive but the fish wouldn't stop biting. Fished 8-3 and 1dog on a lure (first for me) more dogs on bait so stopped using bait. 1 sockeye, 5 coho (2 hatch) and stopped counting nooks after 15. Most in 45-55 cm and 1 at 62. 10 samples done for Avid...
  18. G

Brutal conditions out here. Had to tuck inside off Cowan but now that the wind is shifting from the south its still bad. Bur because we are into 10+hits hanging around. All nooks 45-65 cm.
Back