Search results

1. D

Vanier Launch parking

I just dealt with the same thing and cannot renew. I can only purchase a seasonal pass that is good from April - September for $175 (Guess they don't know that when the fishing is closed). The yearly pass was $150. They are claiming the City of Vancouver Parks Board has put this limitation in...
  2. D

2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Same same here at Sandheads. Fed 2 seals, one in the box.
  3. D

Finished now with 3 chinook and 5 pinks. Depth was all over but the springs were 88, 67 and while setting the gear so about 20.
  4. D

One chinook and 4 pinks so far at sandheads. Anchovies, white hoochie and BC skinny G. Bait got the Chinook.
  5. D

Lowrance Hook 7 with P66

So after many nights researching I am still scratching my head......I would like to upgrade to a 7inch sonar display. I am not concerned with networking, radar and all the bells and whistles that come on the top of the line units. What I would like is a decent 7 in sonar, it doesn't even need...
  6. D

I haven't seen a fishery notice and on DFOs website it says a limit of 2 a day for area 29.......and that was updated at 13:55 today. If I don't see anything posted tomorrow I am fishing.
  7. D

Picked up a chunky 14 today in the harbor at 160 ft.
  8. D

Mercruiser 4.3l

Reman was $2800... I think but only a 3 or 6 month warranty. I got a brand new marine engine with 1 yr warranty....might have been only $3300. The engine actually had the bill of sale from a company in Edmonton....Canada engines just marks them up by about $400 for getting them shipped here.
  9. D

Mercruiser 4.3l

Not a 4.3l but I bough a brand new 3.0l last year from Canada engines......around $3500.....
  10. D

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

We fished sandheads today from 9-3. Mostly out in 400ft +. Seemed like the socks were pretty spread out and didn't mark any big schools till noonish. Finished the day with 6 and lost a couple too. Most of the action was 80-85 ft.
  11. D

On our way in from NA with limits for 3. 330 ft heading south. 95 to 105 ft for depths.
  12. D

Are the wind and waves getting any better? The forecast looks favorable this evening. Thinking of taking the kids out one last time before they go back to school.
  13. D

Way to Go! Hopefully there will still be a decent run 4 years from now. This is great fishing for the kids. Took my youngest three boys out on Wednesday. We had their limits in 3 hrs.....after loosing almost as many as we caught. It was our best day fishing. 3 generations in the boat...what...
  14. D

Fished yesterday afternoon....started at T10, no bites didn't see much on the sounder. Packed up and headed to Sandheads and picked up 2 socks at 65ft.
  15. D

For me, having just started fishing here locally in Vancouver last year this forum has been extremely valuable. The new reports are great and give me a starting point for my next trip, either its location, depth, lure or time of day it gives me some sort of confidence that I am doing someghing...
  16. D

Everything I have caught there in the last few weeks has been from 110ft and deeper.
  17. D

Right on. We are trolling back towards RC....no bites so far. Tons of $@!t in the water.
  18. D

Yeah we just had a double header there. Lost one the other was about 10lbs
  19. D

We got a couple a RC yesterday....127 and 138. Out here again this morning too. Pretty quiet so far.
Back