Search results

1. callie anne

Halibut dispatching with lead?

I most likely will get feedback on this but the question is why would anyone ever want bonk a fish alone shoot one? This is one of the most valuable resources we have and preserving the meat is of the utmost goal. It's proven that bonking imparts a tremendous amount of stress on the fish...
  2. callie anne

Port Eliza Lodge is Ready to Host You!

Hi Guys, Keeping fingers crossed for the border opening :) :) :) Mike Oberg
  3. callie anne

2019 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Yes, another season is behind us. Sad but true. This season concludes my 32nd year fishing Esperanza and my second season staying at Port Eliza Lodge. I can’t think of another area I would rather fish or a better, more affordable lodge to stay. The new owners Jim, Susan and Robert are the most...
  4. callie anne

Spoken well, just like a true fisherman. Regardless of what nautical line separates open and closed there are an abundance of places to not just fish but do some serious catching!! WCVI is a fisherman's paradise. Hope you have a wonderful season.
  5. callie anne

Hi Ron, I'll be arriving around the 21 or so, may anchor in Mary Basin for a night or two if Ferrer remains open. Will be at Port Eliza Lodge beginning on the 25 and staying for about three weeks. What is your itinerary? Look forward to swapping stories with you. See you soon!
  6. callie anne

Hello, Welcome to the "Esperanza side". This will be my 32nd year fishing Esperanza so plenty of experience on the gravel roads, flats, dust, etc. I didn't see you mention where you will be staying. There is not too much difference between Zeballos and Tahsis regarding boating time to the...
  7. callie anne

Nice to have your input. Really looking forward to staying with you again this season. Ferrer being open all season is a real bonus. It can really light up at times. Getting excited.
  8. callie anne

2018 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Nice photos and video guys. Helps us keep thinking about 2019. Hope to see you all another year. Will be fishing out of Port Eliza again. Last season was over-the-top...
  9. callie anne

Fuel is not a problem as you can stop at Esperanza at the church camp or in Tahsis at Westview Marina. Well worth the trip. The bite has been mid morning so you don't have to leave at dark. Perfectly calm water up Tahsis Inlet and out Esperanza to the coast. Hope to see you there.
  10. callie anne

Got to tell you members that esperanza is on fire. Offshore is smokin and more fish are stacking inside now. Coho 12+ are now at low rock and moving in. Tons of springs. Bait offshore and bait n spoons inside. Ocean has been table top flat for 8 days. Unbelievable. Whale tale is easy limits of...
  11. callie anne

Diesel Boat Heater

FYI ronj, only need to cut exhaust port. Interior air is sufficient. I believe I have a manual I could email you so you can start figuring the install if you want. Safest boat heat possible and dry heat.
  12. callie anne

Diesel Boat Heater

Merry Christmas. Great choice for any Northwest boat. Webasto and Espar are virtually identical. Planar and snuggler are Asian copies and less expensive. I have been a marine surveyor for many years and have installed and overseen installation of many of these. You can install yourself. Same...
  13. callie anne

2017 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

I'm in Victoria visiting family. They want me to take them fishing but I usually fish north island. Would you tell me where is Connie? Thanks
  14. callie anne

2017 Winter Harbour Reports

Great update Jetboater. I too am heading back up this Sunday for awhile. You guys look me up at the Marina if you get a chance. Best regards.
  15. callie anne

Just got word another wave of springs just hit WH. Guides were all limited in 3 hrs yesterday. See you there...oh, fish on!
  16. callie anne

Hey Spring Fever. Mike with Callie Anne. Very nice meeting you and and your first mate in winter harbour. Tides are getting better now for hali. You coming back up this year? Appreciate your contributions to the forum and your helpfulness. Enjoyed our visiting although short. My son "Kramer"...
Back