Search results

1. AndrewH

Aluminum boat and cuddy/v-birth condensation fix?

I have slept on the boat quite a bit and need to try and solve the condensation inside the cuddy. Anyone have any experience? I had a canopy on my old truck with a fabric liner that prevented condensation when sleeping in the bed... Thoughts?
  2. AndrewH

Wind forecast… what you guys think about this?

I need to get my boat and a quad in the back from Richmond up to Earls Cove this Sunday. What do you guys think the water will look like considering this forecast? Calm if I stay close to shore in the run up?
  3. AndrewH

Vesselview and fuel level help

Ok, Merc 250seapro, 5” vesselview. 100gal/379L tank Sender is a Meoller for a 13” tank. Actual rod is 12” and my inside height of my tank is 12-3/8” Problem is I know I have about 85L in the tank but my gauge is showing 20L. The vessel view has the correct fuel volume in it too as you can...
  4. AndrewH

Help with a wiring question - wipers on same switch?

Well I am ready to smash the new windows that I just put in!!!! super frustrated.... I have installed 3 wiper motors that are 4 wire ( high/low/grd/park) I tried to wire them in series as shown in the diagram but they will not park. If I wire only ONE motor as shown with the switch then the...
  5. AndrewH

Anyone coming from Nanaimo to van this week?

Need to grab a couple seats from HC and shipping is well… you can imagine.
  6. AndrewH

interior paint options - aluminum?

I know a lot of manufacturers use Zolatone and I would love to find someone to spray it in the lower mainland. Anyone have any suggestions as to who can do it or another paint option?
  7. AndrewH

Cope build

Well it is well underway so I figured I would start a thread so people can follow along. It is a modified Cope 24 Yellowpoint build - (Walker x23). Little background as to why - I went over to Walker a couple months back to look at the x23 that they are currently building in hopes to make a...
  8. AndrewH

Glass question - tempered vs laminate?

Well I need to get my window order in pretty quick and need to figure out the best option. (23ft aluminum boat) I received two quotes; one from AJR and from Marinetec.... AJR uses laminate and Marinetec is tempered. Costs are basically the same so that piece of the puzzle is a non-issue...
  9. AndrewH

Build parts - Suppliers????

Well the 23 Yellowpoint is getting started this Monday so pretty damn excited. I am only getting the majority of the welding done at the shop and I will be finishing it off myself. I am looking for the following parts suppliers for various quotes etc. - window package (already received...
  10. AndrewH

Cope builds - anyone done one? looking for timeframe...

Hello again, I am looking for any insider/first-hand experience with building a cope boat in the 22-24' range. Mostly time taken to complete the welding process with the finishing and rigging aside. Also I understand a difference between a backyard boat builder and a proficient shop, I'll...
  11. AndrewH

Aluminum boat builders - why have they become so greedy???

I can understand that the prices have to go up a little but they should be leveraged on the current price of aluminum shouldn't they? Example - a Silver streak 18'6 challenger HT ran 60k all in with new power back in 2018. Present day they are going for 120k even though the price of aluminum...
  12. AndrewH

Wtb - 8’ inflatable boat… asap

Going on a fly in hunting trip in a few weeks and need to track down an inflatable zodiac type boat. Must have soft bottom as it’s going in a float plane… Have a 2.5hp Merc already I found one in Nanaimo but I am on the mainland.
  13. AndrewH

Do you have a vacmaster? Quick question.

I am almost positive that my vacuum made it to the M, past the green section when I first got the machine… what does your machine get to? Mine doesn’t get to the end of the green at this point.
  14. AndrewH

Fry pans....

I have used a Henkel blue one, Ballarini, Calphalon and a Tfal. They all seem to last maybe a couple years before they lose the nonstick property and you need to start cooking with lots of oil again. My Miss's isn't a huge fan of cooking with oil so I am trying to find another frypan to try...
  15. AndrewH

Surging idle on 9.9 high thrust.

Pretty easy to explain through the video... where do I start? replaced main fuel/water separator but no difference. https://youtube.com/shorts/o9ExeuAjZX0?feature=share
  16. AndrewH

Lifetimer 2200 cabin - anyone have one?

As the message reads, looking for first hand experience...
  17. AndrewH

Scotty landing 'net' replacement - Beckman Coated??

I have a scotty 6'er and would love to get a nice coated replacement net for it. Anyone ever toss a Beckman replacement net on their scotty? I see a Beckman that is close, 31"x36" but the scotty measures basically 30"x30"
  18. AndrewH

Vacmaster and ‘soft meat’. Ideas???

Well I tried to seal some venison and noticed that it was surrounded with air like the herring I just tried to do. Sucking time is about 40sec and seal is 1.3 and cool is 2.5 VP215. I also noticed that the needle doesn’t go past the end line (I thought it used to go to the ‘M’ of the MPa)
  19. AndrewH

kodiak brake pads - where to buy?

Tried lordco... Anywhere local?
  20. AndrewH

Hali combos? (for once a year guy)

Heading over to Bamfield in a few weeks for a potentially annual trip depending on local regs. I have ZERO hali gear so need to get set up without spending a load of cash. Since I will be using it for basically one trip a year, does anyone have any suggestions in terms of quality gear or...
Back