Search results

1. AndrewH

Aluminum boat and cuddy/v-birth condensation fix?

Is the monkey fur just a fabric? I have a heater in there, the condensation is only an issue when I sleep in the boat. In the cabin I used 1” foam between the ceiling stringers and then a 1/8” vinyl coated ply for a headliner. I will probably do something similar in the cuddy and just find...
  2. AndrewH

OK, I'll carpet the bare Al on the ceiling perimeter and then do a liner for the center section where I have 1x1 running across. Now the next question, what type of carpeting and how do I get it to stick successfully? Just a spray glue?
  3. AndrewH

I have slept on the boat quite a bit and need to try and solve the condensation inside the cuddy. Anyone have any experience? I had a canopy on my old truck with a fabric liner that prevented condensation when sleeping in the bed... Thoughts?
  4. AndrewH

LEH What you got!

ya, very eventful hunt. Anyone that thinks a backpack in Rosie hunt is a good idea has never been up close to them. This guy was over 1000lbs and every bit as big as a northern moose but just shorter. My buddy and I ended up packing meat for 2 and a half days before we had everything back to...
  5. AndrewH

LEH What you got!

Back from mine
  6. AndrewH

Wind forecast… what you guys think about this?

Thanks for taking the time, Ya the more I wait the morebit looks like later Sunday is a better option. In terms of what the handling will be like, I am not too sure yet. The quad weighs about 600lbs (smaller 450 bike) but it is up higher than a regular load. I am hoping to take it out...
  7. AndrewH

Wind forecast… what you guys think about this?

I need to get my boat and a quad in the back from Richmond up to Earls Cove this Sunday. What do you guys think the water will look like considering this forecast? Calm if I stay close to shore in the run up?
  8. AndrewH

Your Hotrod or Classic Car Pics

I’ll play. This one took me a couple years to build. Bought a bunch of ‘47 cj2a parts and an 85 Toyota turbo diesel pickup… basically used the Toyota drivetrain in the Jeep with a bunch of other stuff. Dual transfer cases, locked front and rear etc etc.
  9. AndrewH

Vesselview and fuel level help

Thanks I’ll check that stuff when I get home, stay tuned!
  10. AndrewH

Yes I watched that video but for some reason the calibration button is not lit up on my 502 vessel view. This is all I could find for calibration, the interface isn’t that same as that video…
  11. AndrewH

Ok, Merc 250seapro, 5” vesselview. 100gal/379L tank Sender is a Meoller for a 13” tank. Actual rod is 12” and my inside height of my tank is 12-3/8” Problem is I know I have about 85L in the tank but my gauge is showing 20L. The vessel view has the correct fuel volume in it too as you can...
  12. AndrewH

Cope build

Oh my! Think I’m still high from spraying the cuddy!!!!! Even with a good mask etc I still took in some fumes. Need supplied air for that stuff. Super forgiving to spray, I used a zinc chromate primer from consolidated coating. Recommended for aluminum from the guys at Wolff marine.
  13. AndrewH

Cope build

Thanks guys! Was a blast doing it and can’t wait to do not again!!!!! Anyone want one built??? ;) I sprayed inside cabin/cuddy and bulkhead with Zolatone. The outside of cabin is vinyl wrapped in white and the hull is also vinyl wrapped. Think it is a good middle ground for dealing with...
  14. AndrewH

Cope build

Haha. My Tacoma sure isn’t!!
  15. AndrewH

Cope build

Couple teasers
Back