Search results

1. F

Marine Harvest fined 5000.00 for illegal possession of wild BC salmon.

Alexandra Morton from Port Hardy Courthouse. Marine Harvest pled guilty to illegal possession of wild fish and were fined $5,000. They avoided a long and public trial by pleading guilty - but now we know they are not completely above the law. The fine is small for Marine Harvest but large for...
  2. F

BC Agriculture Threatens to shut down sportsfishing in BC

Take what you want from this email, but it appears to me that if we pursue to prove that ISAv exists in BC, that retaliation will be to shut down fishing at all for us period.. Seems like a threat to me. Are they asking for a war to happen? This is the email a charter guide got in...
  3. F

BC Agriculture Minister still denying ISAv in BC waters.

Despite clear evidence of ISAv both federal and provincial governments are still claiming as of Jan 18th 2012 that there is no ISAv in BC Salmon, trying to quell the truth, so that they can keep their corporate dollars flowing from the farms to the provincial, and federal govt coffers. Do we...
  4. F

Harper sent Border guards to Deport Don Staniford at the court house.

Just in. The Harper Govt sent Border agents to the courthouse to deport Don Staniford to shut him up about Diseased Atlantic salmon farm pens in BC WOW.
  5. F

42 Canned Foods That You Do NOT Want On Your Boat

Yum Yum lol Not sure why the Escagot is in there though. Quite yummy in a mushroom with the right seasoning.
  6. F

My new army truck FLY -- Yep fly. Going to try this and see how it works :)

Thoughts? Same length as a standard hootchie. Buddy is testing some new flies out, so asked him to make one. Next up Glow white !
  7. F

US approves first genetically enhanced Atlantic Salmon to be farmed ON LAND

http://www.theprovince.com/technology/approves+first+genetically+modified+food+salmon/5945606/story.html Now chime in if I am wrong, but if the US gets this fish to 16 countries all farming on land, will that not bankrupt Canada's fish pens which are growing a smaller, weaker, Atlantic salmon...
  8. F

Your thoughts?

Curious if anyone else is wondering whether there may be larger returns for a couple of years due to the Tsunami that wiped out a good portion of Japan's fishing vessels?. Even so I expect their misfortune, and our good fortune to last only a moderate amount of time, as they will probably...
  9. F

Tyee Marine Boxing Week sale? Lowrance HDS10 50% off ????? HOLY BOXING WEEK SALE..

Not sure how many they have in CR but at 50% off someone's going to get a steal on the HDS10 Wish it was me. Have at er. BOXING WEEK SALE...Dec.27th-Dec. 31st. Just ask for Kerry
  10. F

Kitty Coleman / Quadra hump Winter 2011 / 2012

Hit kitty today. 2 good hits, and then one stuck for three strikes. Got out there a bit late, and seemed like the bite was just coming off as I got on the water at 10:20 am. The one in the boat wasn't huge, but a keeper for sure, and the 2nd hit was a gooder. Pulled the clip out, and I had it in...
  11. F

ECVI Prawning CR / Comox areas?

Anyone prawning yet?. Decent results? Don't need your spots. Just asking how you're making out is all.
  12. F

Free to a good home straight from craigslist.

http://comoxvalley.en.craigslist.ca/zip/2665087086.html Free to good home ASAP! Date: 2011-10-23, 2:52PM PDT Reply to: sale-rgbds-2665087086@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?] I am in dire need to get rid of my 22 year old girlfriend! She's ingood shape, I'm just bored of her and...
  13. F

2011 / 2012 Winter Springs

As the season winds down , another begins soon. Might as well get a fresh thread going. Rigging tackle this coming week, and putting the summer stuff away. What's your favorite thing about winter spring fishing? Mine's the taste. Usually grab prawns at the same time.
  14. F

Anyone have a 50 gallon drum that's not held fuel?

Trying to get my hands on an older 50 gallon drum that didn't hold fuel. (Plan on cutting for a cardboard / wood burning barrel) Don't really want one that's held fuel or oil, as they can still be explosive even after flushing. Just this spring someone back east was shredded cutting one...
  15. F

Your thoughts on transplanted Chinook, and Coho to the East, and Great Lakes?

Curious what everyone's thoughts are on the fact that you can pull a "Tyee" now out of the great lakes, along with 30 Lb Coho? This has to be affecting tourism here on the west coast, and guides all along, as now people can simply dip lines in huge waterways that traditionally do not carry...
  16. F

What do you like about current aluminum boats out there and what do you not like?

What do you like about current aluminum boats out there and what do you not like?
  17. F

How many 5 year olds can you take on in a fight?

Thought this was pretty funny. How many 5 year olds could you take on at one time? http://www.howmanyfiveyearoldscouldyoutakeinafight.com/ Said I could take on 28 at once.. When the quiz is over click at the bottom right to skip the ad, and get to the results!
  18. F

35 Bucktail Flies. (In packages)

Gone. Thanks !
  19. F

Wanted - Foul weather / rain gear

My boat has no top on it yet, and I'm not ready nor able to put one on until over the winter likely. I'm looking to borrow some foul weather clothing or buy some as cheaply as I can, as a bit of rain should not stop one from fishing yet. If you have something please let me know. Comox valley...
Back