Search results

1. Wwunder

Sooke or Vic Hali Charter Recommendations?

Thanks, yes I had forgotten how specific the tides need to be around here. Now looking up towards Port McNeill... any guide recommendations up there?
  2. Wwunder

Sooke or Vic Hali Charter Recommendations?

Hi All, Looking for Hali / ling charter recommendations for May 17/18 on the south island. Last minute trip to cheer up my Bro in law who is battling cancer. We're converging from around southern BC and thinking of camping in Westshore. Any tips you have would be appreciated!
  3. Wwunder

ISO - Smartcraft Gauge

Ok, found a replacement gauge and may have fixed the offending gauge as well.
  4. Wwunder

ISO - Smartcraft Gauge

Looking for a replacement to my merc monitor that died. Will look at the system monitor, merc monitor, tach or vessel view. let me know what you have.
  5. Wwunder

Podding

Whoa, looks like I have been off this site for a while. Glad to hear you are podding Spring. Yes I still have it and am very happy with the boat. Not sure I would still have it if I hadn't podded it. I just use the under floor for storage and a cooler behind the pedestal seat for fish. at...
  6. Wwunder

Lowrance LCX-25c and LGC-2000 Questions

I'm not expert, but can't you just network the HDS and LCX together and take the position from the HDS built in gps?
  7. Wwunder

Proper prop and pitch

I have a malibu 185 with a 150 hp and run a 19" pitch (4 blade aluminum). My friend with a malibu 182 and a 115 hp runs a 15" pitch (stainless 3-blade). I think the 17" pitch is good advice to start out... Pulling tubes and skiers is hard work.
  8. Wwunder

20ft Hourston issues

Check if your motor is mounted high enough. When I first podded I had it a hole or two low and particularly at speed the boat started to get squirrelly... Once I raised it up it rides much better. You are pretty heavy on the stern too.... I pulled my old kicker off this year and the first...
  9. Wwunder

2001 Yamaha 8hp or 2018 Yamaha 9.9hp

Yikes $2500 for am 18 year old motor! Sometimes lack of use is as bad as heavy use.
  10. Wwunder

Re power question?

Wow that seems steep! on the south island you should be able to get a welded aluminum pod for $2500 to $3500 installed... Motor cost would depend on new vs. used.
  11. Wwunder

What to do when a Seller ghosts you?

So small update.... Parents have now stopped by the sellers place, spoken with his mother and wife. They both indicated that he has been away for work for a bit, but now back. He still hasn't responded. They have not logged into the forum in some time now.
  12. Wwunder

20 foot Double Eagle

My Malibu hardtop has t-bolts that slide in a channel on the base of the side windows. The bolts dropped through the gunnel cap and nuts / washers installed from below. The windshield is screwed down from the front and the screws are covered with a rubber strip. The top was left installed to...
  13. Wwunder

They don't live in the same town so its not easy to just pop by. Hoping as Baddog says the seller makes good. I have no direct knowledge of the seller, other than what I saw here and they seemed to be a forthright individual as was my parent's impression too. Which is why they didn't make a...
  14. Wwunder

Not sure if this is the best spot for this, but since it started on here I figured it was as good as anywhere. So the story goes that I saw an ad on this forum for a boat that I thought my parents would be interested in and sent it to them. They liked it, met with the seller and left to think...
  15. Wwunder

Thoughts on re-powering an 182 Malibu?

I would have preferred a Zuke 140 for my podded 185, but was shopping the used market. The 150 Verado i found has more than enough juice for the boat, but its heavy. If i was shopping new it would have been the 140 for the lighter weight and probably better fuel economy.
  16. Wwunder

cabin design names ?

I think you are looking for a pilot house or alaska cabin boat with rear controls or 2nd station.
  17. Wwunder

Still looking for new boat

Hey Rayvon, My brother has recently podded a 20' DE with a hardtop and alaska cabin. I think the boat is a 96 or 98 and is sharp looking (white and blue colour scheme). The power is a Yamaha F225 not sure of the hours, but I think its relatively low. Its not explicitly listed for sale yet as I...
  18. Wwunder

emergency nav advice

Doesn't the new Elite Ti have built in Wifi with screen mirroring? Would be worth some research, but your screen size could be as large as your tablet / ipad.... I have the older Elite 7 HDI and the screen size is fine for me on my 18' boat. I use full screen chart for cruising with just the...
  19. Wwunder

Podding boat vs replacing engine

Been there.... I podded my malibu 185 and love it. The extra room is awesome and the outboard is soooo much quieter. The numbers being thrown around are no very accurate in my opinion. I was quoted abour $8k for a rebuild of my 3L Volvo. Crate motor was $5k plus new manifolds, whatever else...
  20. Wwunder

ISO- 200 hp Outboard

Thanks for the offer Bill. Pretty sure he needs an XL shaft though.
Back