Search results

1. D

Favourite Kitchen Knife

This is a Tojiro DP Utility knife I received from some good friends as a gift a few years ago. Has turned to be by far the most used knife in my kitchen. I use it for pretty much everything except butchering big meat. This knife is about 6 inches, light but with enough backbone to handle most...
  2. D

Chilko Lake

I am going to camping at Chilko lake this weekend. Any tips to fishing? It is a big lake and only have a kayak.
  3. D

Entry/Middle of the Road Fly Rod Setup

Hi All, Grew up primarily fishing the salt and dabbling in some spin work on the lakes, however, been thinking of getting into fly fishing for trout as a fall/spring activity. Anyone have any good suggestions on a beginner/middle of the road rod/reel setup. I don't want to get something where...
  4. D

North Island Kayak Fishing

I am going on a camping trip on North Island from the 31 to 5 with the girlfriend and dog. Will be camping mostly at lakes and doing some trout fishing. However, was hoping to drop into some of the west coast spots of the logging road and see if I can find a spring from the Kayak. Any ideas on...
  5. D

The Pacific Ocean is so acidic that it's dissolving Dungeness crabs' shells

https://www.cnn.ph/world/2020/1/28/pacific-ocean-more-acidic-.html
  6. D

Converting a Sea Sport/Orca inboard to Outboard

Has anyone converted one the the inboards to an outboard setup? We are thinking of doing this for a family boat in Prince Rupert where my brother lives as we like the idea of enclosed cabin etc for rainy days and excursions into Alaska and the other inlets. Unfortunately, outboard versions...
  7. D

Prince Rupert

Heading up there for the weekend to fish with my brother. There is not a reports thread going at this time. Anybody have any reports? Will be fishing three days and should be able to get most places in our boat. Is going North to areas around Dundas worth it at this time?
Back