Search results

1. saddlemaker

anyone got any experience shipping boat parts to europe/uk ?

I use Schenker ( in Richmond) for international shipments . Europe for same price as ontario
  2. saddlemaker

Father Son boat build

built this with "help " from my grandson . Truth be told I did 99%. But he only could help when he visited. Thats him now 20 holding the salmon with his younger cousin. Great memories!! A Tolman would be a great choice... Google is your best friend and tolman builders have there own group.
  3. saddlemaker

2023 Winter Harbour Reports

heading to winter harbour in 10 days. Is it worth while taking crab traps?
  4. saddlemaker

Stearing failure.

Well.....bought a Vevor. 300hp model. Fast shipping. 750.00. Installation went well .The worst part was getting the old cable system out. Bled. System is smooth. Hàve been testing every day. Time will tell if it was a good decision or ...........
  5. saddlemaker

Stearing failure.

That vevor ad comes up in my faceɓook feed now...... after googliñg boat steering..... I have some exceĺlent chinese machines and some crap . It would be nice to know which these are.
  6. saddlemaker

Stearing failure.

Had a sudden and complete failure of a seastar nfb cable steering system. Appears that the cable completely broke inside. No warning.....On a 19 foot with a suz 115hp. Thankfully on a lake 300 yards from the boat launch and not next month in quatsino sound... Probably replace with...
  7. saddlemaker

Where to go for may longweekend.

Was that for rockfish and lings aswell?
  8. saddlemaker

Where to go for may longweekend.

I have promised a grandson a fishing/ boating tripfor thursday through sun however that includes some travel time (from merritt). Was thinking pender harbour to save on time and the longer ferry rides. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We can sleep on the boat (cramped,but should make some...
  9. saddlemaker

What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Rear canvas. I have new appreciation of the canvas trade. Also bought and mounted Kicker plumbed fuel line. If any have suggestions for the best way of hooking the steering to the main . The kicker is 2 feet behind the transom on the swim step.This morning re packed the wheel bearings.
  10. saddlemaker

70 hp Suzuki/Johnson. 2002

Just started after sitting for3 years I have no idea of hours . Suzulli controls but no cables. Not sure what it's worth. 1000$ ?? if your interested let me know. Andy text at 250g315g5644
  11. saddlemaker

23' & 26' Hourston Project Commenced...

sad to see you not finish that boat . Always appreciate good craftsmanship. When I built mine at onepoint I didn't touch it for a year. Miss the horse in your ID pic :)
  12. saddlemaker

Cannonballs

Interested , going through on Monday text 250 315 5644
  13. saddlemaker

2020 Winter Harbour Reports

Planning first ever trip to wh with grandson foe week of the 22. Any helpful advise would be greatly appreciated. Pumped. Andy
  14. saddlemaker

Built from scratch, repurposed community water tower wood. . And many hours. . ..we have had it in the water the last couple of summers but always something to keep doing.
  15. saddlemaker

This has been one of my midnight projects, just started swim step this week.
  16. saddlemaker

Building A Forge!

you will be looking for a power hammer :) https://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/owen-sound/100-pound-blacksmith-power-hammer-trip-hammer/1335392887?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
  17. saddlemaker

help with weather forecasts.? water conditions?

Appreciate all the input.got a couple of the apps. Thanks
  18. saddlemaker

help with weather forecasts.? water conditions?

As a rookie I am planning on a couple of days of fishing... Sandheads .. looking at this weeks forecasts . how do they usually relate to water conditions.. Which days would you plan toward? Today Tonight and Monday. Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 Monday...
Back