2. I

Big Single J or big treble?

3 jhooks tied on 200 lb braid with a extra large hootchy
  3. I

Cowichan River

why are you dragging wild steelhead up on the rocks keep them in the river
  4. I

Salmon downrigger setups

All a great sounder will do is pissed you off more when you can see the fish better but still can't catch them :-D
  5. I

Best trolling rod…

Especially with longer leaders and if the fish runs around the motor longer rod rules
  6. I

All Things COVID-19

Israel is one of the most vaccinated place on earth and 65 percent of the covid patients now are double vaccinated. Back in February the vaccine success rate was at 95 percent now it is at 39 percent you won't hear any of this from Bonnie Henry
  7. I

Smelly jelly or not

I have used different scents when I was commercial trolling and really gave it a honest try but at the end of the year I threw it in the garbage.
  8. I

When to use 18lb canon balls

I take my 18 lb off only because I only have a couple 15 work fine but during sockeye with dummy flasher I like the 18 s better
  9. I

What size Hawaiian snaps?

No need for a snap or a swivel on a hootchie rig with heavy mono just tie a double loop knot and always leave the snap attached to the flasher if you cut a little bit bigger hole in the head of the hootchies you can change hootchies bye just sliding a new one on this way you don't need to many...
  10. I

Plugs

I commercial trolled out of tofino for many years if I had to choose one plug I would get a tomic 600 plug in 5 inch just remembered that you need to troll fast
  11. I

Single hook anchovy rig

Use wire in your teaser head so you can custom bend anchovies or herring leave hook hanging by tail don't put hook in fish
  12. I

Downrigger Question

Most likely Chinese wire not all wire is created equally last year got my wire on my trim tabreally bad guaranteed break off with braid just like everything just need to check condition of line or wire lost 1 ball in ten years to a sunken crab trap
  13. I

trolling too fast

Possibly install outrigger poles with stablizers thats how commercial trollers do it and making your boat much more stable in bouncy seas
  14. I

Downrigger Question

Just don't use scotty made in china wire
  15. I

Scotty clips releasing

Another way of dealing with this problem is to tie a bobber stop knot with Mono on your main line works great with light braid that won't work with the scotty clips
  16. I

Down Rigger Weights

There are way more variables to using line angle to judge your speed the important part is how deep your fishing if my gear is at say 80 ft and my line angle is 45 degree and catching fish if I keep the same speed and drop down to say 200ft my line angle is going to change to 75 degree
  17. I

Pressure Canning - Why are there duds?

Small chips on jar edge and bad jars some are not level just threw one out today that was sealed two years and the lid let loose the jar was off level
  18. I

Air vent for smoker

No need to over cook your smoked salmon but you need to know where and how it was processed if purchased from certain natives that have no food safe training and haven't cleaned there fish holds all summer. I prefer to smoke fresh not previously frozen sterilize your racks in oven and your good...
  19. I

2008 9.9 suzuki longshaft 1500$

Tiller with charging low hours in Surrey contact Ian 604-728-3586
Back