Search results

1. saltydawg

2022 Sooke Reports

Almost landed on his wife.
  2. saltydawg

2022 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Does anyone know the name of this fisherman and his wife. In aluminum skiff. 2:15 today off Pedder Bay. Biggs whales chased a Stellar Sealion into his boat nearly capsizing. There is a very cool video he may want and photographer would like to talk to him.
  3. saltydawg

2022 Sooke Reports

Does anyone know the name of this fisherman today off Pedder Bay in the aluminum skiff who had the encounter with Biggs whales chasing the Stellar sea lion under his boat. 2:15 pm. There is a very cool video of the sea lion going airborne and trying land in his boat if he’s interested. Nearly...
  4. saltydawg

2022 Sooke Reports

Anyone recognize your flasher? This Stellar has it at Race Rocks.
  5. saltydawg

Squid in Finlayson Arm

I’m wondering if anyone knows anything about squid fishing in Finlayson Arm? I know 30 years ago you used to be able to jig squid in January at Goldstream Boathouse. I ask because 2 x this week Risso Dolphin's have been at the head of Finlayson arm. Risso s eat squid. How can we jig if Boathouse...
  6. saltydawg

Elk Lake Victoria

I found its seasonal for trout. Should be getting good soon. Theres lots of good info on South Island Lakes 2020 thread on this forum. I do well for trout slow trolling worm and split shot. If you want to find out where the bass are, I encourage you to put on a snorkel and mask and poke along...
  7. saltydawg

Elk Lake Victoria

What are you trying to catch?
  8. saltydawg

Help finding resident herring for research

Shipping lanes in Juan de Fuca, august-sept. We,re talking miles and miles of bait fish and birds and humpbacks. You should hook up with whale watch community for info (although this year may be an anomaly). Pm me if you need a contact.
  9. saltydawg

fishing expenses and when are you considered a guide

Here is my two bits: Taking guys fishing costs money ! Gas, tackle, wear and tear, gotta share the catch, clean up, etc. If someone throws me $10 for gas or forgets their wallet .....they wont be riding again any time soon.
  10. saltydawg

Weather conditions vs wave height

All of the above plus.......... freighter waves can be considerable if you are close to the shipping lanes. Had an elderly person hurt on my boat this past year. Bonked her chin on the rail. Wasn,t holding on when I called out "hold on". Wind + opposing current + freighters waves can be...
  11. saltydawg

2019 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Anyone spot Orca this week?
  12. saltydawg

2019 Port Renfrew Reports

Anyone spot Orca on the bank this week?
  13. saltydawg

Important Chinook Information - Feedback Required

What happened to the Fishery in your own country?
  14. saltydawg

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Gotta give up my baby. https://post.craigslist.org/manage/6858934695?action=display&go=display
  15. saltydawg

If They Weren't Whitesides or Harbour Porpoises What Were They?

There were Dalls hanging around Mandarte for a couple of days last week.
  16. saltydawg

Did you paint yourself? If so, What kind of paint and source plse?
  17. saltydawg

Puerto Vallarta 1st Week of April

John, I took my little spin rod with me the last time we were at the ROYAL DECAMERON. While walking the beach if I saw Roosterfish slashing through bait you can catch and release them. Beauty fish. I took the rod out on those sit on kayaks they have there but no luck. If you walk towards...
  18. saltydawg

Old sooke fishing pictures

Any pictures of the Trap Shack?
  19. saltydawg

Now the Gold is gone...

Megan is not untouched. Tofino based outfitters have been fishing it out for years.
  20. saltydawg

Looking for advice: Infrared / Night vision

Used one on a SAR boat. Don,t like them. You have your head down too much looking at a screen. Much prefer using my own eyes, ears, nose.
Back