Search results

1. B

Vac Master

Hi guys, I was have not been totally impressed with my vac master. I ran a ton of fish through it this summer and played around with the settings. Some bags still have small air pockets and didn’t get 100% vacuumed. I am also using 4mill bags. Any suggestions? What setting do you all use and...
  2. B

Bam Town - Brady’s Beach

Where can a guy tie up his boat and go for a walk to Bradys beach? Is there a public dock in bamfield for this?
  3. B

Winter Harbour Pacific Cod

Anyone ever run into Pacific Cod in this neck of the woods while targeting hali?
  4. B

Float plane to Winter Harbour

Any float planes go to Winter Harbour or somewhere close by? A friend is looking to come up from Vancouver next summer. Cheers!
  5. B

Winter Harbour Float Cabin

Has anyone stayed at the float cabins in Winter Harbour? I believe Oli owns them. I am thinking about contacting him to see if he has anything available next summer. Feel free to PM me if you prefer. We’re they clean? Good working order? Pros and cons? Cheers, BBB
  6. B

Processing / Transportation Question

Hi Gents, I have a processing dilemma…..During my extended stay to WCVI (6-8 nights) I typically portion my salmon and halibut, vacuum seal, then freeze. I always leave the tail on for salmon and one side of halibut has the pec fin and tail attached for measurement. If I have a 20lb...
  7. B

Bamfield Sablefish

Top of the morning to you gents! I am heading back to Bamfield with my boy Hugo in a couple weeks and I want to make a serious effort targeting Sablefish. Can anyone share some basic information? How far offshore do I need to go and what depth should I focus on? Any other information is much...
  8. B

Egmont Prawning

Hey folks. Myself and boy Hugo are heading to Egmont for a few stays of relaxing this May. Thinking about bringing the boat and soaking some prawn traps… Maybe hunt for some oysters to cook fireside. Does anyone have experience with prawns in that area? Is it worth it? Are there some areas...
  9. B

Browns Bay

Looking to take my kids chum fishing this October to Browns Bay early October. How has it been the last couple years? Can one expect a decent return this year? Any input is much appreciated. cheers, BBB
  10. B

Cooking Frozen Dungeness Crab

Hey guys. Me and my family went crabbing last month and brought home our limit of Dungeness crab. We ate 1/3rd of them then I cleaned and froze the other 2/3rds of them raw. When I cooked (boiled) some of the frozen raw ones yesterday they turned out terrible. Meat stuck to the shell and was all...
  11. B

Cabezon Limit Ukee

Heard some rumours they were thinking of upping the Cabezon limit from 8 to 10? These are my favourite eating fish and was hoping to bring a few more home this season. Purchased a new steel bonker for these cement heads as they did a number on my equipment last year. Cheers, BBB
  12. B

Cable to 200lb Tuna Cord

Good evening ladies and gents: What are your techniques for attaching Tuna cord to the cable? I had a swivel blow open last year going through the wheel and I want to avoid using a swivel to attach.....was thinking of just doing a loop with crimps in the cable and then looping the tuna cord...
  13. B

Halibut Limits

Anyone think they will up the limit to possession of 3 (unders) halibut? I believe the rec sector will be leaving lbs in the water.....anyone hear anything? Got a few trips to planned this July and August. BBB
  14. B

Size of Ball?

Curious what everyone’s preference is when fishing in less than 100ft of water.....Was thinking about running straight 18s now. Anyone run 18s or 20 inshore? Pros/Cons?
  15. B

Bulk Bait Order

Hello, I live in the lowermainland and was hoping to order a case of anchovies for the summer. Does anyone do bulk orders on here? Thought I remember last year someone putting in an order. cheers!!!
  16. B

Scotty rigger warranty

Hi guys. I recently purchased a used 2106 and was wondering what the deal is with the warranty as I am not the original owner? Will Scotty still honour the warranty if something breaks? cheers BBB
  17. B

Bella Coola

Hey gents, A buddy was going to Bella Coola in the spring of 2021. I may be joining him. We would be staying in Bella Coola and I was going to bring my Zodiac with a 15hp. My question....Is there any good crabbing or prawning near Bella Coola?
  18. B

Switching from Scotty 1106 to 2106

Hey guys, I want to make the switch and get the high powered ones so I can fish bigger balls down deep. Currently I have 1106s with the old plugs. Has anyone done this switch? Do I need different wires for the 2106s. Is it difficult to change the plugs? cheers!
  19. B

Shrimping near Sooke

I wanted to try shrimping around sooke this year. Does anyone have any info as far as timing?Rough Location? I believe they are coonstripe shrimp? What kind of traps do you use? Thanks gents! BBB
  20. B

Possession Limit Question

Hi guys, Just finished a great trip staying down grappler inlet fishing Barkley Sound. I dropped my possession limit of Chinook and coho off at St jeans to get smoked and canned. I was planning on going fishing again next week and was wondering if it is still legal for me retain salmon and...
Back