Search results

1. NDT

ISO seastar cylinder HC5358-3

I’m searching for a good used seastar cylinder part # HC5358-3 and a HO6001 tie bar kit. Fits 2007 F150 Yamaha. I will consider a cylinder that needs a rebuild if the barrel and rod are in good shape. Please PM me if you have it know of one. Thanks
  2. NDT

Growing bacon...

So, after a long debate with my wife, I picked up 6 pure bred Berkshire wiener pigs today. First time raising pigs. I’m told the meat has excellent marbling and a darker pink colour then pink pig types. I figured with all the bacon, sausage and ham recipes on this forum, this was fitting to post...
  3. NDT

Sound damping ideas for aluminum hull/cuddy/enclosed cabin

I've been researching sound damping for aluminum hulls. I'm about 95% complete my build plan. Bruce Cope has talked me out of floatation foam, substituting seal air chambers. The next thought went to vibration and sound of the hull in rough seas. I've come across a product called Silent Running...
  4. NDT

If you were to build a cope design...

If you could build any cope design, which would it be and why? Whether it be a 16' centre console to a 35' offshore tuna fisher or day Boat to weekender style boats, let us know. I've been looking at the winter harbour 23' with some mods (longer cabin, larger fuel tank). Being a family of 5...
  5. NDT

Towing a boat wider then 8'6"

hey guys, I was wonder how many people have boats say 9 1/2' to 10' wide that tow regularly. Looking at the rules of the road, 10'9" is maximum with out a pilot. Do you need a wide load permit? From what I can find, you need a load load banner across the rear and front of the truck/boat...
  6. NDT

Campgrounds in Kitimat

I was wondering where people stay when in Kitimat. I see that MK marina has non serviced sites. Is there another place to park the truck camper in that area? Closer to the marina, the better. I usually go to alder bay campground near port McNeill, but looking to try somewhere up the north...
  7. NDT

Trophy 2159 For Sale

Sold
  8. NDT

custom aluminum build - input needed

Hi everyone, I'm planning on building a boat similar to this with a friend of mine. Thoughts on what you'd change or ideas to make it more functional??? Likes/dislikes? 26.5' overall length, 102" wide, Alaskan bulkhead. 34" freeboard - would 36" or 38" be better? Or 34" with a 3-4" partial rail...
  9. NDT

EPIRB recommendations

As the title states, I'm looking for recommendations on Epirbs. I've been looking online and there's a few options. What type/brand are you using? Auto or manual release? Best place to mount on the boat? Any advice would be much appreciated
  10. NDT

Lifetimer 2200 cabin reviews

I'm in the planning/budgeting stages of a build. I am looking to buy a bare hull and complete it with my son. I would use it for mainly fishing with the family, 5 of us. I've been looking at differenet builders around BC via the web. I came across the lifetimer 2200 pictured below. From what I...
  11. NDT

Relocating to the coast, thoughts/advice?

We have been going to the island every year for a few weeks every summer, but never been to the north coast. We have decided to move to the coast since we enjoy the outdoor recreation so much. Kinda planning 12-18 months to find a suitable location and stable employment. I'm a heavy duty desiel...
  12. NDT

Kootenay Lake

spent the long weekend on the lake, good rainbow fishing for us. 2-4 lbs. lost one bigger by the boat. 2.5" needle fish spoon with a banana wieght. Ran that setup on both kids ultralights. Make for a great fight! Weather was great, 25-28 degrees and flat calm all weekend, spent quite a bit of...
  13. NDT

2159 outboard conversion

hey guys, long time guest, first time posting.... I have a 2159 with a 4.3 tki that I'm thinking about converting to an outboard as the title states. Looking for any info that people may be willing to offer. In 2015, my transom was total rebuilt and reglassed. All my stringers are solid as...
Back