Search results

1. T

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

FYI mine was fuel injected too
  2. T

I felt the 5.0 was underpowered in my 22 Wellcraft, it tulipped an intake valve. Went 5.7, I’d say minimum on that boat should be a 5.7, it’s the torque to get that thing on plane your after. I’m sure you could prop it for hole shot but the top end would be terrible and your economy would...
  3. T

That was my Wellcraft 22 featured a few pages ago, thanks for the kind words and interest, it’s off to a new owner on Saltspring. Great memories, good boat overall.
  4. T

Displacement

A quick tale of displacement... I took out a 5.0 fi vortec and replaced with a 5.7 vortec, much more hp and gobs more torque. The hp doesn’t matter for top speed, as both engines reached max rpm and there was no prop change but the time to get there is significantly less. The boat planes out in...
  5. T

Can a 4runner tow Striper 2101?

I have a 22 Wellcraft and it weighs 4600 dry, I also have a 4Runner 2016, but bought a Chev Silverado 1/2 ton to tow the boat. Constant daily fuel economy of a 1/2 ton is the sacrifice, but well worth it when it’s panic stop and go on the freeway. I’m also in Langley and launch at Rocky Point/...
  6. T

Just wanted to post about the 60k Wellcraft 22 with the 175 outboard- Mine is identical but with a sterndrive duoprop with a 357 FI vortec that makes around 300-320 hp. I can tell you with half that it would be difficult to plane out in rough seas, mine weighs 4600 dry. However the outboard...
  7. T

3rd time's a charm...VP 320GXi No Start Condition

Also I would check your temp sensor for your FI, if this goes bad it throws the computer into a cold running mode, not dash temp but the temp for your electronic fuel injection computer. I got mine from GM.
  8. T

3rd time's a charm...VP 320GXi No Start Condition

Hey, I had a hard start condition ended up being a tulipped valve, I’d do a compression test to eliminate a mechanical failure
  9. T

Wanted: Navionics 913p

I got a Navionics plus for a birthday gift from my wife( thanks babe)- it seems the 913p aren’t stocked locally and I wantEd one for Fathers Day fishing, thought they would be more popular but I guess not. The plus was 240.00 and is stocked just about everywhere. I would have ordered one but I...
  10. T

Wanted: Navionics 913p

As title states, anyone got a line on one? Micro SD Thanks!!
  11. T

SCOTTY 1101 ELEC DOWNRIGGER

You can purchase the extended boom and upgrade it for 100$, did both of mine.
  12. T

Toyota Tundra or Dodge 5.9 Cummins?

I had a 1997 5.9 Cummins, was always there for me and I babied it, trans, 12 valve, beauty truck, 99000 on it when purchased in 2010. My wife wanted an SUV so we bought a 4Runner,and I figured I was set for life. 2 months after the big Toyota purchase the Dodge was stolen and never recovered...
  13. T

What’s your top speed?

Long story... Wellcraft WA 22, sterndrive, Volvo Penta F6, 4600 dry weight, Quicksilver replacement Volvo longblock 5.7 for the original 5.0 TBI, rollerized valvetrain, Edelbrock Performer Intake, reprogrammed chip for displacement change, so far top speed 49.8 mph with the curtains down and a...
  14. T

Folding SS Crab Traps w float,sinking line,bait container

I have 3, all in great shape, purchased from Army and Navy 2 years ago, only used a handful of times. They fold up and can be put into a Rubbermaid bin for easy storage. All SS frames, mesh in great condition, includes float, sinking line(100 ft-ish), and Scotty bait containers, 150.00 for all...
  15. T

Striper 2101

I have a Wellcraft 22, very similar and WAS equipped with a 5.0 Volvo Duoprop. I have to say that if anything goes wrong with that engine it’s a tough decision to rebuild a 5.0. I have TBI fuel injection and got the chip reflashed in the US to run a 5.7, purchased the engine from Quicksilver as...
  16. T

Lowrance / Navico WI-FI module

F/S Lowrance Wi-Fi module, enables your Gen 2 or Gen 2 Touch MFD to become compatible with an IPhone, IPad, Tablet or WHU. Great for a second station for the smaller boats. It can only mirror in Gen 2 but you can control a Touch unit with it. It’s about a year old, current Can pricing is 250.00...
  17. T

2nd chartplotter location opinions on my boat

That dash looks awesome, but if I did something like that I think I’d only have room for the one plotter. Flush mounting means that I would have to leave the units in the boat and I don’t trust my neighborhood that much. I remove them and my kicker and riggers after each trip, only takes 5 mins...
Back