Search results

1. Gramps

2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

First time out in a couple years yesterday, 1 keeper around 9 pounds, 165’ on anchovy bumping bottom. Seen a couple other nets out, “in” Howe sound.
  2. Gramps

2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I understand the notice but when you go to dfo website last updated April 19 00:17:10, the limit is 2 over 62 cm. If the website is updated after the notice is sent... Will be out tomorrow for the first time since September regardless.
  3. Gramps

Not on my wallet, haha. We are trying to do Tulsa shootout next year, biggest race in the nation for mini sprints.
  4. Gramps

My favourite hobby other then fishing is watching my kid drive race cars. After driving for 18 years I put my son in a car at 4 1/2 years old and after 6 years it has become my second full time job. We have traveled to Vegas a couple times and were the first Canadians to run California...
  5. Gramps

2019 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

The motion of the water helps to build muscle and strengthen.
  6. Gramps

Finesse Ice Fishing using Flasher and Tungsten

Great video and awesome to see the kids out there, way to make memories with your kids.
  7. Gramps

Finally , some common sense...re-CULL

This is awesome news, thanks for post.
  8. Gramps

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Bunch a boats at ambleside, anyone having luck?
  9. Gramps

$500 reward

No numbers on the boat, would assume floated or towed down to fort Langley boat launch.
  10. Gramps

$500 reward

For information on stolen boat. 14’ aluminum duraboat, red in colour. Stolen out of the Fraser river across from stave river. Has a custom steel reinforced transom to seat adapter with a shock to go to my outboard. Greatly appreciate any leads. Regards
  11. Gramps

2 in the boat, 5 lost in last 2 hours. Moved out to 500’ all alone and started bumping them
  12. Gramps

5-6’ rollers at north arm, lots on screen but nothing yet
  13. Gramps

Thanks for the reports but you guys sure make it hard to stay at work! Bad influence
  14. Gramps

Lucky? You hit the fish at slack tide changing to the flood. Not luck to me just fishing the correct time of the day. Yes it’s mid July and we are all waiting for mid August fishing results. Less doom and gloom, be happy we have a year round fishery. 90% of the fish are caught by 10% of...
  15. Gramps

Went out Saturday prawn traps set at noon with no boats around, felt like drifting and watching prawn traps. Then a guy trolls past and hooks/lands a 30 pounder... I put the rods out. Lost a good fish right away, lost one at the boat, ended up with 2 and released and under. I was happy with 48...
  16. Gramps

Modifications you're proud of...

Started this project a couple weeks ago. Transforming buddy’s boat into a fishing boat with all the accessories. Sure is nice to work on something that the customer says “finish as if it was yours” still a ways to go with anchor compartment, lighting and stereo.
  17. Gramps

"Planted" Fake Grass So I Can Fish More.

Good luck with the extra time once the kid comes, ahh those days!!
  18. Gramps

Politically correct fishing? Sounds like a fantastic day of fishing, who knows when the next bite will come. Topic for somewhere else
Back