Search results

1. R

Wanted: marine enamel paint

Does anyone have any old marine enamel paint lying around that they don't need anymore? I need about a gallon. Thanks!
  2. R

Recommendation for flooring?

Wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a vinyl-type flooring installer for a fiberglass boat in the Victoria area? I could probably do it myself but am not a pro by any means. Any tips re: installation would be great too if someone has experience doing it themselves. Thanks
  3. R

Humpback found dead in salmon farm

http://blog.seattlepi.com/candacewhiting/2013/03/29/dead-humpback-whale-found-in-b-c-salmon-farm-another-reason-not-to-consume-these-farm-raised-fish/ some of those numbers are pretty shocking: Fisheries and Oceans Canada reports that between 1996 and 2008, fish farmers killed 3,239 harbour...
  4. R

Any herring yet?

Has anyone caught any herring around the south Island yet? I'm heading out right now to check a few spots from shore will report back with results.
  5. R

Solo double header on Gopro

I removed the video because of so many negative comments. You people need something better to do. The third fish was released relatively unharmed, minus a few scales. Take up the crusade elsewhere.
  6. R

Congratulations to member Drpower for guiding the winners of the Salmon Masters Derby

My close friend and master angler guided the winning boat for the West coast resorts "Salmon Masters tournament" for over $130,000 in prize money yesterday. Congratulations on the win of a lifetime Derek! The winning fish was 46.2 lbs and he also got the daily winners on day two and three and...
  7. R

Does anyone kayak fish south vancouver island?

I want to start Kayak fishing the ocean around Victoria, but I must admit I am pretty intimidated by the prospect of going it alone. I was wondering if any members are interested in buddy kayaking in the area? I am only interested in going on calm days with little current. I have a small...
  8. R

Fishing Kayak Builds/Mods

thought I would start a thread for people to show off their fishing kayaks. I have been kayak fishing for a couple years now, I find it very relaxing, but also a lesson in preparedness. The kayak is an older Necky sky, it is a two person boat with an open sit in design. After a few...
  9. R

oh boy its going to be fun tomorrow at the derby

Saturday - Mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of rain showers or ice pellets. 60 percent chance of wet flurries over higher terrain early in the morning. Risk of a thunderstorm in the afternoon. Wind west 30 km/h except 50 near Juan de Fuca Strait early in the morning. High 10. UV index...
  10. R

Downrigger bars?

I was watching an episode of the tv show "angler west" yesterday and saw a guy fishing for kokanee and he was using custom made weights for his downrigger that were bars, not balls. The idea was that the 16" long bars of stainless steel coated with plastic didn't snag as much when bottom...
Back