Search results

1. Prawnhunter

2019 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

If your down riggger balls are back further then normal it because you are watching SOG speed over ground and compensating for the tide by speeding up. You should be figuring out which rpm catches fish for you as SOG means nothing. If you go by rpm youll no longer have the "blow back" issue.
  2. Prawnhunter

2019 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Was out off lazo last friday, not much around. Only amount of bait i seen was in 60-100' off tree island.
  3. Prawnhunter

Comox lake cutthroat

Quick afternoon troll. Biggest 18"
  4. Prawnhunter

2019 Crab Regs - Two Escape Rings

If its quality wire like aquamesh and not the made in china wire it wont bother it.
  5. Prawnhunter

Downrigger cable

Also the current created is very low.
  6. Prawnhunter

Downrigger cable

I know for fact it can negatively impact you fishing. I had an old lund years ago and one side of the boat caught salmon and the other side nothing but doggies. Swap the rod and gear around from side to side and same result. Hooked the black box up and tuned it and both sides caught salmon. So...
  7. Prawnhunter

Downrigger cable

All i use is braid now, works awesome. But yes our sport is being ripped away from the people that fund it and care about it and the whiney assholes that made it happen will now turn their back on the cause and band wagon on the next.
  8. Prawnhunter

Downrigger cable

Lol thats wonderful, i used to commercially troll sockeye and even with a wood boat we always grouded the lines back to an anode because of the charge put off from the stainless lines. Stainless wire, brass crimps and line stops, lead ball. Must be all imaginary. Unless you know of anyone using...
  9. Prawnhunter

Downrigger cable

You ever noticed how stainless crab traps have anodes? Not there for the looks.
  10. Prawnhunter

Downrigger cable

Used wire for years, been using braid for a few seasons now and have never had a single issue at all. Plus you dont get electrolysis from braid. Never go back to wire.
  11. Prawnhunter

Elk lake seagulls?

Well ive heard some hair brained sh^t in my day but this one takes the cake. How do you figure that freahwater which floats ontop of salt water due to being less dense, manages to cross the Salish sea at over 490' deep not to mention fault lines in there too and find its way back to the surface...
  12. Prawnhunter

Elk lake seagulls?

There is no way water from the Olympic mountains can make it into Elk lake.
  13. Prawnhunter

Comox lake cutthroat

I havent put as much time in on comox lake this year with the low water levels but in years past during winter months and even as early as october i have caught 20+" cutts that were all head and tiny body 2lbs ish, for a fish that should have been nearly double that. Totally empty stomachs...
  14. Prawnhunter

fish finder question

I have a lowrance with down scan and it shows great detail down to 200+ feet. Recently found a sunken boat in 65' and it showed up clear as day in salt water. Simrad makes nice units as well.
  15. Prawnhunter

Comox lake cutthroat

Anyone checking stomach contents of their catch in Comox Lake? Any fish with kokanee in them? Used to be hard to find a cutthroat in there that wasnt stuffed full of them. Now it seems every Cutthroat caught is near starving.
  16. Prawnhunter

Beach Journal 2018

This is what its all about. Not shooting down another member for reporting on a spot or giving a good tip. My hats off to you Treblig. Need more member that follow the same lead.
  17. Prawnhunter

Beach Journal 2018

Unfortunately there are alot of obnoxious culls on this forum. That is why very few people bother reporting any more in some areas. Its just not worth the BS.
  18. Prawnhunter

Comox Harbour

In Area 14, Comox Harbour - inside a line from a fishing boundary sign near Trent River to a light at the tip of Goose Spit, except the shallow shore line defined as the waters inside and shoreward of the 2 m depth contour measured below the chart datum (0 tide). You may fish from the...
  19. Prawnhunter

bottom & mooching rod and reels

im interested in a ugly stick with the squall 50. ill pm u
  20. Prawnhunter

2018 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Was out there yesterday also, some big balls of herring out in the deep water 200'+ but they scatter fast. South of hornby and Denman there is lots on shore and the commercial fishery is now open.
Back