Search results

1. IronNoggin

2020 SFI CONFERENCE SERIES - Charting a Predictable Path for Salmon and BC’s Public Fishery

Beech, although noting he recognized the issues, was pretty much full of platitudes. It very much felt like he was reading from a script designed by their team to be all Motherhood and Apple Pie. He presented himself rather well though, citing his involvement at many levels, his background, and...
  2. IronNoggin

2020 SFI CONFERENCE SERIES - Charting a Predictable Path for Salmon and BC’s Public Fishery

More or less as expected. Typing out the Cole's Notes version now. Stay tuned... Nog
  3. IronNoggin

The sound of saving salmon

Again with Chris Darimont & his pet Raincoast Foundation...
  4. IronNoggin

Just for the record, here is the interpretation of the numbers re: wolf culls from an actual accredited researcher, rather than a sensationalist "foundation" geared towards enticing folks to hit that Donate button via emotionally charged vitriol: B.C. caribou herds stabilizing where wolves are...
  5. IronNoggin

Final Session TOMORROW Folks!! The final session of the 2020 SFI Conference Webinar series will provide an overview of the previous sessions and a collaborative vision to support charting a path for salmon and access to BC's Public Fishery. Speakers: Rob Alcock - President SFI Terry Beech -...
  6. IronNoggin

What's for dinner tonight ?

Butchered a couple whitetails for some Buddies day before yest, and they graciously gifted me a couple tenderloins. So, last night was their moment... Spiced and slathered with butter / lemon / garlic sauce, then on the BarBee: Interesting shot. Almost makes it look like the Tenderloins are...
  7. IronNoggin

Not a spokesman per-see, but I am on the Board and well aware of what has and is occurring. What is it you would like to "study"? I and others have listed a great volume of supporting studies on this very site. It is right there for any who look. I will make a point of posting for your perusal...
  8. IronNoggin

Sewid has literally nothing to do with what is happening. As you may recall, he was fired with prejudice from the PBPS Board quite some time ago. He does however continue his rants on Facebook on a daily basis. Thankfully their blocking mechanism works rather well. The information that formed...
  9. IronNoggin

You do realize quoting anything the sensationalist Raincoast Foundation puts out as somehow being based upon real science in no way supports your position? Right?? And you do realize that multiple actual accredited researchers have determined the exact opposite of the findings you quote from...
  10. IronNoggin

A COVID Chuckle

11. IronNoggin

A COVID Chuckle

12. IronNoggin

What's for dinner tonight ?

Lol! Hogs they be... Cheers
  13. IronNoggin

Keep on keeping on Ralph. There are a myriad of experienced professionals that do not see it as you do. BTW, this HARVEST has already been initiated in several areas, and continues to expand. Cheers, Nog
  14. IronNoggin

There is a rather clear message there... Nog
  15. IronNoggin

All Things COVID-19

But it appears to be firehosing from both sides of the equation on an ever-increasing basis. Fallacies (often government promoted) exist among the realities too. Like I said, damned confusing... Nog
  16. IronNoggin

All Things COVID-19

Thanks. Ditto. That said you can easily see the point I was making. Articles with lengthy lists of on-the-surface experienced professionals with listed credentials CONFUSE the hell out of the issue. Of course I will continue to err on the side of caution and follow my SawBone's orders. I do...
  17. IronNoggin

Douglas Lake Cattle Company

A long-standing dispute between Douglas Lake Cattle Company, BC's largest private landowner, and Nicola Valley Fish & Game Club, a small recreation club from Merritt, will be heard at the BC Court of Appeal on Monday and Tuesday. The Outdoor Recreation Council of BC will be...
  18. IronNoggin

Another interesting conference. The initial presentation by PSF was as expected, and does show the level of interest outside of government at attempting a rebuilding of our precious salmon stocks. Kudos for those efforts! DFO's Niel Davis was all Party Line. A sustained and focused reference...