Search results

1. tyeeking

Rough Start to The Year...

If you add the Roadrunner to tell the whole story you will need a coyote under an anvil. LOL. Seriously, love the Roadrunner idea.
  2. tyeeking

Those chinese knock off boats

And don't ever feed pet food made in China to your pets! Some horrible stuff in much of it.
  3. tyeeking

Those chinese knock off boats

You don't always get what you pay for but your virtually never get what you don't pay for.
  4. tyeeking

Do I need it ... No, but I want it. Rivian Truck

I wouldn't get too excited about the pre-sale numbers. It only takes a $100 fully refundable deposit to order one. Not exactly a strong commitment. Just saying.
  5. tyeeking

Towing a fishing boat behind cruiser....

First off, you're going to have a blast. It's been a dream of mine to do something similar. I hope that you will give us regular reports on your adventure. I saw a couple doing something similar at Roche Harbor and they had a pretty clever setup. When in open water with modest current/wind...
  6. tyeeking

Gas prices up again

Heating oil season. Diesel and heating oil are produced at the same place in the cracking tower. In the winter with demand for heating oil going up and demand for diesel remaining static there is an net increase in demand for the distillate derived from that part of the cracking tower.
  7. tyeeking

How much of your money has Justin spent?

Someone please tell me that the video is photo shopped.
  8. tyeeking

Gas prices up again

Gas prices are a lightening rod. I remember my Dad complaining about 29 cents a gallon. We even got S&H Green Stamps with our purchase. Geez I'm old. LOL.
  9. tyeeking

Pretty hard to have a meaningful and productive conversation when the ad hominem comments like "climate denier" and "white nationalist" make an appearance. So sad.
  10. tyeeking

Scratching my head wondering what the hell an individual's opinions around anthropogenic climate change has to do with this conversation. LOL.
  11. tyeeking

Giving lots of money to politicians is like giving whiskey and the car keys to a teenager.
  12. tyeeking

I belly laugh when folks with fishing boats and requisite tow vehicles bitch about the evils of "big oil and gas".
  13. tyeeking

Wellcraft 220 Ocean King

Absolutely love my 22' Weldcraft Maverick. Have had zero issues. It's built like a tank. Even the welds that are hidden from view are beautifully done. The hull extension provides great buoyancy in a following sea and really helps to keep the cockpit dry.
  14. tyeeking

Caution - Boat Repairs

Ditto this. I do all of the scheduled boat and trailer maintenance myself. It's fun, I know it's done right, and I save a lot of dollars. I keep a meticulous log of all work done for my benefit and for when the day comes that I eventually sell the boat.
  15. tyeeking

Centre console boat Opinion

Oh good grief. Can we please keep this thread about center console boats instead of personal attacks. I was enjoying the thread until it devolved into meaningless crap.
  16. tyeeking

Boat Safety Chain

Launching and retrieving goes a lot quicker when one takes their time . . . within reason of course.
  17. tyeeking

Centre console boat Opinion

As we say skiing, there is no such thing as bad weather . . . just bad clothing.
  18. tyeeking

Check your bilge pumps

I too am part of the redundant bilge pump crowd. I also carry a few spare cartridges for quick replacement of the internals. Make sure your bulge pumps are properly located. I saw a story not too long ago about a Bayliner that had a low spot in the bow bilge with no pump. Unknown to the owner...
  19. tyeeking

C-Dory 25', any owners willing to share their experiences with theirs?

If your current boat works for you 95+% of the time then you are in the right boat. All boats are a compromise of some sort . . . at least that's how I convinced the wife that I need two boats!
  20. tyeeking

Did I put it in the wrong hole?

Had a great belly laugh on this one. I get lots of comments from folks not in the know along the line "why are there bags of toothpicks in every cubbyhole of your boat". LOL.